Update on the "Changed tones and VDI changed"

tinsmith

Elite Member
looks like my Jumping VDIs were not because I switched tones Maybe?
Hey, did air testing so far and I see right away somehow

*I had the ID Plus setting off when I just first turned the 705 on to test. I've never ever done that! The sole purpose of that setting is to give a more stable VDI number.!!!
*I was running sensitivity a little high, 25 out of 30. And the area was all black mud and soil. Very wet right along the lake.
It may have made it seem like it was because I'd just tried using 3 tones and 4.
Now, during tests it jumped VDI when I ran sense up. Of coarse. I know these things. It does seem a little more sensitive, Hot, and thats OK. This machine sometimes needs to run at setting 20 out of 30 sensitivity. Especially with my Digger coil, the 3khz 6" . Its hot.
Ive watched videos of Bill Ladd run detectors high as they go. They chatter like nuts and drive him a bit crazy but he says that's what he has to tolerate for deep relic hunting. With my little coin shooting hobby I like it as stable as I can adjust. I failed to check all my settings and lower sense is all that happened so far. The problem may be just an old man forgetting things, even things on his favorite toy.

Well Tin, I would just say, "Be patient". The 705 is a great machine. Learn the settings and it won't fail you. Have you read "Understanding your X-TERRA" by Randy Horton? I've read it multiple times and pick up something new every time. Hang in there.

Glad to hear you figured it out. The xterra 705 is a great detector. I've heard a few problems with the speakers or displays but other than that they're bulletproof.

Well Tin, I would just say, "Be patient". The 705 is a great machine. Learn the settings and it won't fail you. Have you read "Understanding your X-TERRA" by Randy Horton? I've read it multiple times and pick up something new every time. Hang in there.

Thanks chill, yeah Randy's book is great and I have to go back n read. That's where I learned more about GB tracking offset and more. I didn't hunt alot in 2019 and was getting out of wack. Forgetful sometimes. I've never usedmy 705 without the protective cover on the control box. Never had it in rain. I'm thinking about saving clad towards that New Simplex+ detector to have a waterproof unit. I love rainy days and it's usually very peaceful out in a gentle rain. I can't bring this 705 out though. Don't trust getting it wet. It's my only machine. Znd I think that Simplex+ would be great getting wet at the beach. For the $ . Im also stuck between that Vanquish. Nothing wrong with this 705. Any issues seem to be my fault for not adjusting or I should say Fine adjusting the machine. As far as getting another detector, I'd just like to try another. It gonna be spring before or if I get another machine. Like someone said, another detector is not going to make up for targets that just are not there. It would just be for the fun of having another new toy. Maybe. HH all, have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom