Great dog passed this morning.

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
3fb25aa5a29304f1b932a20d13ea8177.jpg

Going to be a rough weekend. This awesome dude had to be put down this morning after a very long night. Would have been 15 next month.

He did a lot of bird hunting before his retirement. He was a pointing lab and we hunted pheasant, quail (4 species) grouse and chukar all over the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Loss

Hello,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is oh sooo well. Hope you will always remember all the good times you had with your hunting buddy. Again, my heart goes out to you.
Bubbaron

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is oh sooo well. Hope you will always remember all the good times you had with your hunting buddy. Again, my heart goes out to you.

Bubbaron

Appreciate it Bubba.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OH No! So sorry to hear of your loss... losing a good faithful dog is one massive trauma...It sure punches a big hole in a guys soul for a while...

OH No! So sorry to hear of your loss... losing a good faithful dog is one massive trauma...It sure punches a big hole in a guys soul for a while...

True. Gonna miss him wandering in after I’ve been in bed a few minutes to take his spot between the door and the bed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My heart goes out to you in this time of loss. I too know full well the empty feeling when you lose such a faithful friend and companion like this. I am truly sorry. But know in your heart he's running through fields full of birds having a ball now.:yes:

It surely is a sad time when our 4 legged furry friends pass on. It's been years since my last one passed , and she is still missed today , and I think of her often. Sometimes I wonder if we are as much of an impact on their life as they are on ours. So sorry for your loss.

The longer a guy lives on this Planet and looks back on it all, in the end,...theres no better companionship, unconditional love, mentor, than what a good dog can bestow upon an undeserving Man...

They guide and teach us to be better than we are, they have our back 110%, and would give their life to save ours without thinking...they like to go out and hunt, take a piss in the yard, to them we are a weak curiosity to be protected...

Yeah...If only a guy could live up to a Dogs skillset, love and commitment, we would all be the better for it...

Theres about no way a Human could survive on this Planet without a good Dog to protect us and keep us in line from their example...About the only sad thing about dogs is they die before we do....Undeservedly...OK sure, they also snot up the window at the bank drive through begging for a cookie, and occasionally puke on the carpet, take a !!!! in the neighbors yard, chase a squirrel...but hey, thats what we do too...!

Dogs could survive just fine without us on this Planet... yet they choose us as a weaker partner? Theres something deeper going on...All I know is a guy simply cannot live here or would even want to without a dogs protection, companionship, and somebody to share sunrises with.....

Last edited:
True. Gonna miss him wandering in after I’ve been in bed a few minutes to take his spot between the door and the bed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My heart goes out to you in this time of loss. I too know full well the empty feeling when you lose such a faithful friend and companion like this. I am truly sorry. But know in your heart he's running through fields full of birds having a ball now.:yes:

It surely is a sad time when our 4 legged furry friends pass on. It's been years since my last one passed , and she is still missed today , and I think of her often. Sometimes I wonder if we are as much of an impact on their life as they are on ours. So sorry for your loss.

The longer a guy lives on this Planet and looks back on it all, in the end,...theres no better companionship, unconditional love, mentor, than what a good dog can bestow upon an undeserving Man...

They guide and teach us to be better than we are, they have our back 110%, and would give their life to save ours without thinking...they like to go out and hunt, take a piss in the yard, to them we are a weak curiosity to be protected...

Yeah...If only a guy could live up to a Dogs skillset, love and commitment, we would all be the better for it...

Theres about no way a Human could survive on this Planet without a good Dog to protect us and keep us in line from their example...About the only sad thing about dogs is they die before we do....Undeservedly...OK sure, they also snot up the window at the bank drive through begging for a cookie, and occasionally puke on the carpet, take a !!!! in the neighbors yard, chase a squirrel...but hey, thats what we do too...!

Thanks y’all. Mud, if you haven’t written a book yet you need to.

That's the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life,I think it took me months to get over it ..Im a big-time dog lover, sorry to hear about your loss.

The best a guy can hope for in the afterlife, is that our Dogs will vouch for us..tell the Universe, "Hey, he was a good guy!".....You wont get this kind of consideration from a cat! Just sayin'..You can trust your eternity to a dog, but not to a cat... Anybody ever heard of cat doing anything noteworthy? Saved a family from a burning building? Swam out and rescued a drowning kid? Scared off a Burglar? Oh sure cats make for a decent mitten, but they really taste like hell... Cats are selfish and all in it for themselves...

Cats main claim to Fame is they are sneaky and good at killing mice? Thats it? Feline Please! Any old body can get an unemployed barn owl to hunt mice! No litter box or milk saucer required! Or a family of shrews even, or a corn snake!! Frig!

I had a big toad once that ate mice! He lived in the basement, down by the sump pump... a large Bufo Americanus...Name of "Chub Wartbottom"....damned old Chub ate every creepy crawly invasive nuisance besides my Mother in Law and her cats!!

Cats are extremely overrated!...Not worth a Tinkers cuss...I accidentally got overrun once...they rode in here with the MIL when she got too old to take care of herself...Like a Norway rat on a Tramp Steamer..., only more trouble and less tasty than their name implies....."Orange Marmelade my @ss!" she shouted, when I served her up her beloved 'Alvin' on her breakfast toast one morning!

She didnt seem to mind eating Chub Wartbottoms legs one evening though...I told her they were chicken drummies from BWW! Maybe it was in the presentation? :laughing:

Last edited:
He looked a lot like our old Cooper. Sweet old guy, and a darned good dog. Sorry for your loss.:(

Attachments

• 1017388_10208519142594016_1080303145820061959_n.jpg
    1017388_10208519142594016_1080303145820061959_n.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 136
So sorry for your loss buddy. Been there many times myself. It's never easy, and a part of me goes with every dog I've had to let go....:( (My avatar,"Mozart" is 12 1/2 and not doing great)

Thanks everybody. I appreciate it. Finally have my !!!! together enough to go dig some holes and get my mind right. Called in sick to work.

So sorry for your loss buddy. Been there many times myself. It's never easy, and a part of me goes with every dog I've had to let go....:( (My avatar,"Mozart" is 12 1/2 and not doing great)

He looked a lot like our old Cooper. Sweet old guy, and a darned good dog. Sorry for your loss.:(

Sorry to hear bro, its tough for sure..

May he rest in peace...

<°)))>{

The best a guy can hope for in the afterlife, is that our Dogs will vouch for us..tell the Universe, "Hey, he was a good guy!".....You wont get this kind of consideration from a cat! Just sayin'..You can trust your eternity to a dog, but not to a cat... Anybody ever heard of cat doing anything noteworthy? Saved a family from a burning building? Swam out and rescued a drowning kid? Scared off a Burglar? Oh sure cats make for a decent mitten, but they really taste like hell... Cats are selfish and all in it for themselves...

Cats main claim to Fame is they are sneaky and good at killing mice? Thats it? Feline Please! Any old body can get an unemployed barn owl to hunt mice! No litter box or milk saucer required! Or a family of shrews even, or a corn snake!! Frig!

I had a big toad once that ate mice! He lived in the basement, down by the sump pump... a large Bufo Americanus...Name of "Chub Wartbottom"....damned old Chub ate every creepy crawly invasive nuisance besides my Mother in Law and her cats!!

Cats are extremely overrated!...Not worth a Tinkers cuss...I accidentally got overrun once...they rode in here with the MIL when she got too old to take care of herself...Like a Norway rat on a Tramp Steamer..., only more trouble and less tasty than their name implies....."Orange Marmelade my @ss!" she shouted, when I served her up her beloved 'Alvin' on her breakfast toast one morning!

She didnt seem to mind eating Chub Wartbottoms legs one evening though...I told her they were chicken drummies from BWW! Maybe it was in the presentation? :laughing:

That's the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life,I think it took me months to get over it ..Im a big-time dog lover, sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear you lost a great friend.

Sorry to hear that, never easy loosing a good friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom