Another Source for Silver!

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Step aside CoinStar...you have competition in town!

Went to my local bakery/deli today and while checking out, I looked down by the register into that small "Leave a Penny, take a Penny" ash tray/container and spotted a silver quarter on top.

I asked the cashier if I could exchange the quarter with another one...he said, 'Sure."

The silver quarter turned out to being a 1961-D. I think I will be paying closer attention to those "Leave a Penny..." trays.

The moral of the story is now..."Take a Silver leave a Clad!" And the best part is...no digging required!

Attachments

• Take a Penny 04112017 001.jpg
    Take a Penny 04112017 001.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Take a Penny 04112017 002.jpg
    Take a Penny 04112017 002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 246
that's just crazy. :twisted:

you mean: :newidea: "take $3 and leave a quarter"

Contrats, you were very alert. :oldguy: Younger people have NO idea.

Step aside CoinStar...you have competition in town!

Went to my local bakery/deli today and while checking out, I looked down by the register into that small "Leave a Penny, take a Penny" ash tray/container and spotted a silver quarter on top.

I asked the cashier if I could exchange the quarter with another one...he said, 'Sure."

The silver quarter turned out to being a 1961-D. I think I will be paying closer attention to those "Leave a Penny..." trays.

The moral of the story is now..."Take a Silver leave a Clad!" And the best part is...no digging required!

I've never even SEEN a quarter in one of those trays... LOL

nice score.. The best I've done in the penny tray was a 1924 wheatie.. Congrats

Thanks....and appreciated!

that's just crazy. :twisted:

you mean: :newidea: "take $3 and leave a quarter"

Contrats, you were very alert. :oldguy: Younger people have NO idea.

I've never even SEEN a quarter in one of those trays... LOL

nice score.. The best I've done in the penny tray was a 1924 wheatie.. Congrats

That's aw some! LOL! Time to check the trays!

Thanks guys...I was a bit surprised myself when I had seen it too. After I left the store I bet there may have been more silver in the tray. I'm guessing someone emptied their coin jar out and used whatever change was in it to make a purchase. Incidentally, I have seen a wheatie in one of those trays before, but I passed on it. Somedays we are just lucky I guess!

I'm not a coin nut, but I always check my change and keep stuff from 1976 and prior.

Good find.

Thanks...and for your comments

Great eyeball score , Congrats , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki...sometimes the best finds are within easy reach!

I'm not a coin nut, but I always check my change and keep stuff from 1976 and prior.

yakc...I do too. And it pays off sometimes too.

Good find.

I've never seen anything higher than a nickel in one of those, great score!

Thanks cellrdwellr...That is what initially caught my eye...the tray was loaded with dimes and nickels too. Thank goodness the quarter was on top.

Back
Top Bottom