"Northeast Electrictronic Archaeologists" - 2016 Spring Meet and Sweep #1 Proposed.

trying to keep that weekend open ,, keep me post plz ,, & thanx :D

Great D.R. Nothing new to report except that I will add ya to the list of folks I am looking forward to meeting. It's feeling weird holding out on the "where" of it all. But I just think it's the right thing to do in order to respect the guys who offered to share their spot as well as give anyone new who is going to come out the equal shot of virgin ground to sweep.

Sounds like fun. I can probably get that weekend free. Count me in. Jeff always finds more silver when I am around.

Welcome to you BCK. I'd plan on deep coils and rigs. I'll bet the guys living there have been hitting this place already. I know Ive been out hunting in the good weather. Good thing it's so huge there, no one can hit it all. :cool:

Event filled to capacity...to the best of my guesses. CLOSED.

I believe that the parking I saw at the spots I checked would be at or near capacity with attendance by about 70% of those who have expressed interest in this meet and sweep. With respect to the neighborhood and locals I will be notifying people who have responded as of this time with location and other info by PM.

I very much look forward to meeting some of you.. others not so much :p ....Kidd'n. so far so good around here.

Expect info to go out at the end of April to early may.

Best to you all and HH

standing by...:cool:

Sounds good Pin and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Hey Bear N' E.C.,

Working a lot and of on my own lil day digs lately. Sorry not to hit you here sooner. BUT!!! me and the Mrs are still coming out to dig this spot and Thanks for your encouragement and all that... You guys are definitly on the radar to hear the scoop when it rolls out.

And to you locals...save us a couple good holes :detector:

On this end... The gounds have been good to us as newbs with some serious wheaties. That puts the drop times right but the areas already hard hit by the older machines in the past that could easily nab the big silver. So we are still working on how to get into the same kinds of spots... just ones more private. This is all stuff from what we've learned through the generous info here. So thanks to everyone and I hope we can spread some good cheer back when we meet up there.

K&D

I'm going to have to pass on that Saturday date.

The wife failed to record a wedding that I should attend.

It's not my wedding! ;)

Wow... just found this thread. I need to check my schedual... 3 kids and all. If the day is at least semi-free, count me in.

Funny thing is... I think I know exactly where your talking about. Captain Silver was probably waiting and watching on the banks as they opened the dam.

this ol body let me down. I feel very badly....

But I was hospitalized Thursday and am doing my best to be coherent from a tiny tablet while on some heavy duty pain meds.

I can't even get home for the info I'd hoped to post with the local accomodations from my drive out to scout the place.

A stent that was placed in my gallbladder didn't resolve the issues on Thursday and had to have it removed over the weekend...because I carry some extra weight the removal was done old school and not through scopes.

Bottom line...no digging for me. But since I feel like I held off on saying where this spot is for long enough. I feel the need to say so here and now....

My apologies to you locals if you feel it should not be handed out... but I feel the need to not completely let down anyone who replied earlier...I feel crappy enough saying I was gonna try to make this go and then falling ill. And I just can't deal with doing a ton of pm's from here.

The name of the pond is Glasgow. It's in CT. I hope I can see some pics of more great find from the guys who go out.

But I was hospitalized Thursday and am doing my best to be coherent from a tiny tablet while on some heavy duty pain meds.

I can't even get home for the info I'd hoped to post with the local accomodations from my drive out to scout the place.

A stent that was placed in my gallbladder didn't resolve the issues on Thursday and had to have it removed over the weekend...because I carry some extra weight the removal was done old school and not through scopes.

Bottom line...no digging for me. But since I feel like I held off on saying where this spot is for long enough. I feel the need to say so here and now....

My apologies to you locals if you feel it should not be handed out... but I feel the need to not completely let down anyone who replied earlier...I feel crappy enough saying I was gonna try to make this go and then falling ill. And I just can't deal with doing a ton of pm's from here.

The name of the pond is Glasgow. It's in CT. I hope I can see some pics of more great find from the guys who go out.

Get well soon PND ! I refuse to go without the organizer. Maybe we can save this date for 2017? Keep us posted and get well soon!

Get well soon PND ! I refuse to go without the organizer. Maybe we can save this date for 2017? Keep us posted and get well soon!

I agree with cellrdwellr. We can do a group meet-up hunt when your better. Take care of yourself and you'll be out detecting before ya know it.

I agree with cellrdwellr. We can do a group meet-up hunt when your better. Take care of yourself and you'll be out detecting before ya know it.

Thanks a ton guys. You are the shine at the bottom of the hole for me today. I got home yesterday but this is my first sit at the computer. Home nursing is still monitoring a site infection that made them have to send me home with an open wound. But I am dedicated to keeping things moving and strenghening the abs as it closes up the rest of the way.

Man, I watch almost all of the survival based shows (love that stuff) and never appreciated when people say how little energy they have when no food is going in. But it's amazing how exhausting even getting up and walking a few hundred yards is... Including before and after the ER visit I went about the 9 days with no food, maybe three days with some bites each meal just to prime the system Before I got sent packing... and just today ate my first whole sandwich. I got a whole new respect for those participants who do 20 to 30 days on what they can find/fish or trap in the woods or jungle.

So I'll be taking the 20lb jump start on my new lifestyle to get the excess off and will be back and running before ya know it. Maybe a bit later this summer we'll do a few days out. I have some great premissons that I won't be able to cover alone and maybe we can catch up.

Thanks again for the kind words.

PND sorry to hear this brutha, May you have a speedy recovery!!!!

I would like to thank you for putting this Meet and Greet together first of all !!!
yes it is a shame and would like to do it another time also, I would ve missed out on this cause I am on StRiKe with verizonsux at the moment,,, 5 weeks now....
but if you can put me on ur friends to be list that would be awsome!!!
Best of Luck !!
Richie

Hope your feeling better soon ... we can all wait till your up and about to try this again.

Hope your feeling better soon ... we can all wait till your up and about to try this again.

That's what we're thinking too.

This is a rare opportunity to hunt the bottom of a pond that was made by damming up a brook up in the 1850's or 1860's.

It's really a weird kind of place.

Back
Top Bottom