Tiny little bullet

capnmkfish

Any thoughts or info on this little bullet?measures 0.68 mm long by0.34mm wide.chased it around the hole with my pinpointer for about 5 minites,finally caught the little rascal.

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 318
Found a couple 22s,this seems smaller,was wondering if it was some kind of little derringer bullet or something

maybe it's a 20 caliber. i know a lot of air guns are small caliber (.177, .20, .22, .25, etc) but i'm not sure how small a round they made for powder burners. i'm sure someone will jump in with an answer to that. :yes:

Any thoughts or info on this little bullet?measures 0.68 mm long by0.34mm wide.chased it around the hole with my pinpointer for about 5 minites,finally caught the little rascal.

Using my digital caliper on a dime it seems that your relic is .199 and using an old lead 1930's .22 i have that measures .218 I would guess it's not a .22. When you get to .20 cal you're talking pellet gun size. Interesting find.

BTW, using that metric system is confusin'..... :shock: ......we don't like that commie talk down here.

Using my digital caliper on a dime it seems that your relic is .199 and using an old lead 1930's .22 i have that measures .218 I would guess it's not a .22. When you get to .20 cal you're talking pellet gun size. Interesting find.

BTW, using that metric system is confusin'..... :shock: ......we don't like that commie talk down here.

Lol:laughing:

Considering the slug isn't "necked down" at the base, it's definitely not a rimfire. If I remember correctly, .22 rimfires are narrower at the base to fit in the casing. So I would assume any other lead rimfire would be as well. .17 hmr's, though not necked down, are all jacketed as far as I know, so I don't think it's one of them. Don't see any rifling marks in it either. Dunno, some sort of pellet gun maybe.

Here is a .22 slug for comparison. Ignore any marks from the pliers from when I pulled it out of the case.:roll:
PICT0033.jpg

I've been into airguns for a long time and that does not look familiar at all. I don't think it is from an air gun. NOW, maybe it was if the dating of the air rifle was really, really old. That IS possible. martin

I did the measurements useing a digital microscope,and it measures in mm,i dont know how accurate the system is,will try to get better measuremants,thanks for the info so far,this place is the best for finding out things

Ookay..some sort of decimal error or setting error probably. Comparing to that ruler length seems to be about 3/8" which is 9,5mm or so and diameter is around 3/16" which would be 4,8mm. Given the error in such comparisons that's why I thought it actually might be close to 5mm thus I thought about 5mm pinfire.

Voriax

Hope this works better,and thanks to everybody for the help,your the best!!!:D:friends:

Attachments

• Image16.jpg
    Image16.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Image17.jpg
    Image17.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 214

Got the tool for the job,9.3 mm long,5.13 mm wide,sorry about the metric.thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom