Balboa 2/20 Huntington 2/21

Baja Vinnie

Elite Member
Hit Balboa Saturday and worked the wet sand from the pier almost to the wedge. Then from the pier half way to Newport pier to the north. Started at 6:00am and left at 10:00am and had nothing more than a handful of trash and about $1.50 in clad :no::lol: This stretch of beach is so sanded in with fresh sand it'll take one hell of a storm to move all that sand around.

Hit Huntington today for just about the same story!! 6:00am to 10:00am for a little more than $2.50 in clad!! :no::no::lol: and most of that was in the dry sand! same ole story here, just no sand movement. The jewelry is there, it's just buried too deep for recovery. Amazing amount of trash at Huntington. Found a used needle with blood in it! Atleast the cap was still on. Second one this winter. Makes ya think twice about sticking your toes in the sand. And "yes" it got deposited in the trash container. Cross your fingers for more winter storms and BIG swell!!!

BV

Let the storms hit our beaches ,hard and cause as much erosion as it is possible ,amen and HH

At least you beat Saturday's totals on Sunday and got out both days! Those needles are definitely dangerous, the beach I go to isn't all that safe, I've came across my fair share of them and lots of shell casings. Hopefully the sands will start shifting in your favor and you'll be able to find some good stuff soon!

You never know what might turn up.
I do hope some sand gets moved this year.
Good effort on the hunt Vinnie.

Wow BV! I must have just missed you. On Saturday I started at Newport and walked about a half mile towards the pier. I then got back in the car and parked by the basketball courts on Balboa where I hunted for about an hour.
I haven't been going to Huntington- no free parking, I always see 6 other detectors there, and I haven't had much luck there yet. HH!

BV, The reason you didn't find much at Balboa and Newport is because I cleaned out the entire beach, I wonder if that's actually possible. I've been fishing that area every weekend for over a month now and it is pretty much cleaned out. Hopefully spring break will replenish the area. I'm amazed at how that 5' cut in the sand pretty much disappeared except near the wedge, mother nature at work. Weather permitting I have no idea where to go to this weekend, I tried the beach pretty much from Long Beach to the wedge. May be time to hit up a few parks or schools.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom