First Recovery Ever and I Found Them Both!

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
Went up to Long Island for the weekend and had a ton of trouble finding a good place to detect. Everything was either private property or so re-done that there was nothing good to be had. Luckily (well not for him), one of my girlfriend's best friends happened to have lost two important pieces of jewelry that had immense sentimental value to him. His mother recently passed and she left him a silver fishhook charm (one of three, one for him, one for her, and one for his sister) that when put together make a three-pronged lure. The other was a silver ring that she always wore. He had lost both right after her passing and quickly lost hope that he'd ever find them. When I arrived at the sand pits and saw exactly how expansive they were I'll admit, I got rather nervous. I just balanced my machine and began scouring the area though. Long story short, I managed to find the fish hook first within only a few holes. After circling that hole and slowly expanding my search area I managed to find the ring as well. It goes without saying that he and his girlfriend were impressed, especially because the whole search only took 20 minutes! You couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces even if you wanted to!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 385
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 383
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 384
I know, I was kind of jealous. I'm the kind of person who likes jewelry for utility and it would be neat knowing I always had a functioning fish hook on me just in case haha

Back
Top Bottom