• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Hobby

old55

Hello everyone,

I was on youtube a couple of weeks ago and ran across some videos on metal detecting. I thought hmmmmm, that looks kind of interesting. After doing a little research I discovered that you could get started in this hobby without a huge investment.

So I began looking at entry level detectors, reading reviews, checking out forums such as this one and narrowed my search down to the Garrett Ace 250 and the Fisher F2. Both of these units had features that appealed to me and a few that didn't. In the end I decided to go with the Fisher. The thing that concerned me most about the Fisher was that it uses 9 volt batteries instead of AA's and some comments made about the tabs that hold the batteries in being flimsy possibly prone to break. Sure hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue.

Anyway, I got it ordered today and it should be in by the end of the week. Questions and advice seeking will probably follow shortly after. Glad I ran across this site, there is a lot of good information on here.

Darrell

Welcome to the forum from Richmond, Texas !!!

I know a lot of people who find a lot of stuff with the Fisher. I'm sure you'll be pleased!

Welcome! The Fisher F2 is a nice popular detector. I'm sure someone will chime in about the battery clips soon enough, I know a lot of people on here own the F2.

Welcome from Iowa! My family is enjoying our F2. The battery clips look weak but I've never heard yet of anyone breaking them. Anyone else heard of them actually breaking? Just push in on the end of the batteries as you insert or remove them - you'll see what I mean. Only thing I'd suggest off-hand is that since the F2 has no volume control, find headphones. Maybe a pair with a long coiled cord and built-in volume control. Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom