First Gold!!! I be an official pirate!!!! Argh!!!

Vermonster

Elite Member
Took the day off to bring my youngest to his first day of kindergarten. Left school, decided to run to the beach for an hour or so, until I had to head back and pick him up. Well, ran the towel line, got some good targets, typical junk and loose change. Looked at my watch , time to go or I'd be cutting it close. Walked doing the wild swing back towards the car, got a hit. Didn't bother looking at the vdi, cause I gets hits all over the range at the beach.

So I scoop it up, shake it out, hear a clank. Sounded "heavy", but figured it was another quarter. Just then, I looked in, and about shat a brick........:shock: Quickly grabbed it, glanced, and took everyone's advice and threw it in my pocket. However, so shocked, I just had to snap a photo, and I never rescanned.......:lol: Must have been a recent pocket drop, because I took 3 or 4 more swings and got a couple coins within 5 feet or so.

Anyway, my first gold, and it appears to be a good one. 14k, really good weight. Don't have a scale, but average size men's band, kinda thick. Probably try to find the owner, my conscience tells me too, but won't go too far out of my way to do it.......

20150819_105147_zpseugvcjip.jpg

20150819_161824_zpscpemv5v2.jpg

20150819_161851_zpsifyoek14.jpg

I have dug hundreds of gold rings and the feeling never changes. Sorry but it is now an addiction! Congrats on the fatty. HH phil

:dingding:Such a nice big one to have as your 1st to pop your cherry! MUCHO CONGRATS!!! :yes:

Congrats! I miss that feeling, I'm gonna have to get back out there soon. Hope it's the first of many for you!

Sometimes that's how they are found! What a great first gold ring! nice size! Congrats!

The 14k band I found was 8.6g --- so I bet yours is right around there.......hey,whatever,right? Great Pick !!!

Back
Top Bottom