Larry we've been looking in the wrong places! Over 9 grams of 10k!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
SAY WHAT??? Okay someone posted yesterday that they lost a set of three wedding/engagement rings near Pope Road while jogging. Dick asked me if I wanted to go look for it and I said no because they probably didn't know where along the route they lost it and the search would be nearly impossible. BUT... this morning Dick again asked me to at least call the couple and see if they would give further information and reluctantly I did.

The man that answered the phone said his wife had the three rings tied to her pouch while jogging and the rope untied and they fell off but she wasn't sure where. They posted LOST wedding ring signs in the area and another jogger contacted them and said she had found two of them laying on the sidewalk in the crack as she jogged. So two had been found but not the family heirloom piece, the engagement ring which had been passed down from the young mans mother.

So since they had a pretty good idea where two of the three rings were found we agreed to go look for the third one. Dick and I met the husband at the spot and started searching each side of the side walk. We heard many coins and ignored all but the nickel signals and just concentrated on the gold ring sounds.

After digging numerous pull tabs and a few nickels as well as a handful of tiny to large pieces of broken down coke cans I finally heard another pretty good signal but my machine said it was 4 to 5 inches down. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to dig it up.

Next thing I know is I see the color gold, then the shape of a ring emerges from under the dirt and up I pull this 1960's class ring. REALLY?????? :thumbsup: The husband's jaw drops as did mine! Then I had to head over to Dick and his wife and show them.:run1:

Sadly we never found the engagement ring but we hope to go look again in the morning. (They want me to try again tonight but I'm just in too much pain to go again.) It is very possible that someone else found the ring laying on the sidewalk and just didn't turn it in and they missed the other two. Or it's possible that it was washed down into the creek next to the sidewalk after one of the last two days heavy thunderstorms. Or it's just possible that it fell off somewhere else or rolled further away. We'll try again but tomorrow.

Now to find the owner of this 1960 something ring :yes: The charm I found later at the beach.

Thanks for making me go Dick!

Attachments

• class ring 6-30-15.jpg
    class ring 6-30-15.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 523
Girl!! You crack me up. The dynamic duo!!! Awesome find! Just goes to show that treasure can be anywhere. I found this in the curb dirt when I took my grandson to tai kwon do class!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 567
Girl!! You crack me up. The dynamic duo!!! Awesome find! Just goes to show that treasure can be anywhere. I found this in the curb dirt when I took my grandson to tai kwon do class!

Woah Karen that ring is awesome!! Yep treasure is everywhere BUT the beach! :)

Your scale accurate? Looks like a chunky one. This was my biggest DFX find and it was thin looking. Did fit my middle finger though.

Attachments

• SAM_0508.jpg
    SAM_0508.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 424
I'd give it another shot but this time dig everything. It could be laying next to junk that's masking the signal.

I'd give it another shot but this time dig everything. It could be laying next to junk that's masking the signal.

Yep that's what I'm going to do this morning, go back and dig everything, I heard so many coins I'm curious as to the dates on them. We shall see!

Back
Top Bottom