• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

If Hurricane Irene hits....

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
I live in Delaware and as of right now Irene's path looks to be dead at us. Supposedly as a possible Cat 3 hurricane. I am asking all of you experienced beach hunters what to look for after the storm. I am a coinshooter not a beach hunter but would love to take the AT Pro down the beach after the storm. What should I look for? How do I attack it? Should I go to an known area for old gold coins such as coin beach here in Delaware where there was a shipwreck or can I go to any beach? Any and all help is much appreciated with your experience in this type of detecting. Thanks and HH...

Sean

This is going to be a great opportunity. Go to the best beach you can think of. Look for cuts in the beach. Some produce and some don't, but when you find a good one it can be great. Also pay attention to where you find targets. If you look down the beach, at where you have dug, you'll see a pattern develop.

My best advice, is to get to whatever beach you choose as early as possible. I'm sure guys with be there at 3am after the storm, hitting all the good cuts before anyone else shows up. I would be on the beach the moment it is safe, even if that means 1am...

Sadly, I live in California, and since recorded history, a hurricane has never hit land in Ca... water is too cold. I'm living vicariously through you east coast guys.

Sadly, I live in California, and since recorded history, a hurricane has never hit land in Ca... water is too cold. I'm living vicariously through you east coast guys.

When the big one hits CA, I'm jumping into the deepest crack I can find with my detector. LOL I'll let you know how it ends up... via china.

My best advice, is to get to whatever beach you choose as early as possible. I'm sure guys with be there at 3am after the storm, hitting all the good cuts before anyone else shows up. I would be on the beach the moment it is safe, even if that means 1am...

Great advice!

Will the hurricane prevent me from hunting on Friday

Looking to go out on Friday but I hear this hurricane is coming towards New Jersey anybody have any ideas?

Not if you wear 26lb diver boots

browniecommercial.JPG

Waves & Those boots would turn you into a human bullet...........

Looking to go out on Friday but I hear this hurricane is coming towards New Jersey anybody have any ideas?

Best to check the tides and watch the storm, but you can hunt before and after. Also check the Jersey shore hunters on facebook, Brian will keep you up on the latest info

These are the waves that took out my buddy jeff last year..During a PreStorm Hunt...we were in the northern part of OC, and out to about our knees when he got knocked down twice by rogue waves and disappeared for several seconds but was able to recover and get out.......Couple Tips, I always wear a PFD and it's fully inflated...and don't think you have to be out right after the storm, I've noticed hunting can be just as good several days later...

Those dive boots

Would require one heck of a long shaft....Unless you're willing to disc out brass.:lol:

During hurricane Bill which hit Bermuda, I was hunting OCNJ. I almost got drug out by a wave in knee deep water . Please be careful!!!

Back
Top Bottom