Waterproof machine?

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
I mostly land hunt and sometimes work the wet sand. I have a beach that has given up a lot of silver but has run dry and I figure there HAS TO BE more out there in the water.

What would you recommend for an inexpensive waterproof machine so I can wade out there in the water?

Thanks for any and all recommendations.

Look at the Minelab Equinox... if you going to hunt salt beaches go for the extra depth you will get with it over the other detector mentioned..

Two of my friends hunt with the Nox and its deep. The model 600 should work well.

You said the magic word, in the water...if salt water and its rough, the CZ21 or excalibur...

Now if just in the water and wetsand the Nox...
Hard to beat the Nox when it comes to bang for the bucks...

When he said inexpensive waterproof machine I thought of the simplex,seemed good in the videos on saltwater..but if money is not a issue I would vote for the equinox 600.

When he said inexpensive waterproof machine I thought of the simplex,seemed good in the videos on saltwater..but if money is not a issue I would vote for the equinox 600.

Its ok Wood.. when I saw where he was from I assumed it was saltwater ;)

Nox is the hot ticket as a multi use machine thats works well in salt water. its easy to travel with, light, with some nice upgrades. Its FAST...... so that means good separation..... you might be surprised whats still there near a piece of trash you other machine didnt pick up.

Agree Nox 600 would be the least expensive bet for salt water; however, the Vanquish 340 at about $300 is the newest low end multi-frequency machine that would handle saltwater (although housing is not waterproof), if you can find one. I'm looking at the Vanquish 540 (only one vendor has in stock as far as I know) to try out at the beach and the Vanquish series might turn out to be the best value for dry/wet sand saltwater beaches...as long as you don't get the housing wet.

Thanks for your input guys.

By "inexpensive" I wasn't thinking of a Nox but something lower on the price end.

That being said, I have been lusting after the Nox 800 (I'd sell my current machine to help finance it) but am afraid of the learning curve as I've had my Safari for years and it's like we think with one mind.

Maybe I'll just have to man up, sell the Safari, buy the Nox 800 and learn to use it. Much to think about.

Thanks for your input guys.

By "inexpensive" I wasn't thinking of a Nox but something lower on the price end.

That being said, I have been lusting after the Nox 800 (I'd sell my current machine to help finance it) but am afraid of the learning curve as I've had my Safari for years and it's like we think with one mind.

Maybe I'll just have to man up, sell the Safari, buy the Nox 800 and learn to use it. Much to think about.

I understood your post but sometimes going cheap is the wrong move... its about depth.. cheap won't give you the depth you need... we don't go cheap we want the best we can afford... cheap goes home with light stuff pulltabs and Felix pennies.. we go home with the gold. Best part of using the Nox you can move right into dirt.

Back
Top Bottom