Using threshold on NOX

aamechs2

Hey I’m a NOX newby and wanted to know if you NOX users use the threshold hum on the Beach detecting mode? And would you did a target with just a hum interrupt and not a VDI or sound signal?
I haven’t gotten to go beach detecting yet... but that’s why I sold the AT pro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Equinox threshold tone is a reference tone and is not connected to the target tone. It will indicate the presence of a discriminated target by an interruption in the tone (nulling). If you are hunting with nothing discriminated it won't work for that purpose. It might fluctuate and crackle a bit when mineralization changes to indicate a need for another ground balance possibly.

If you are dealing with a really deep non-ferrous target past the range of normal detection you could use the threshold tone as a target indicator if you are discriminating some iron and if the target's normal numerical target ID was being lowered into the iron range by depth and mineralization.

You can also use the pinpoint function to locate really deep targets too.

Jeff

Some use it and some don’t.
If you are looking for deep target that isn’t showing or giving a signal like in relic hunting then you might. For me after a while in trashy areas it would be breaking up a lot.
So it’s up to you if you want to. Most don’t.
Doug

It’s just more added noise to me since it’s not a true threshold. I accomplish the same thing by running in AM and lowering the iron tone to 2. It gives you a background sound from minerals and iron but low enough it’s not noticed like a non-ferr target

Ever since retiring the Dual Field I've been loving the silent search. CZ-21 is the most quiet machine I have. Only reason I'd want a threshold hum is if the beach was full of opera singers getting in their morning practice :laughing:

It’s just more added noise to me since it’s not a true threshold. I accomplish the same thing by running in AM and lowering the iron tone to 2. It gives you a background sound from minerals and iron but low enough it’s not noticed like a non-ferr target

I came to the same conclusion. A typical setup for me is to have all segments audible, but iron volume is turned down just so I can still hear it.

Back
Top Bottom