* Nice Old 18ct Band *

meggie

Elite Member
Another trip out this afternoon with my hunting partner Dion.It was very wet & humid today with not much breeze either.

Very few targets but we did find another mud patch and here I scored this old 18ct band .. weight 1.8 grams.

Attachments

• 20200208_160612.jpg
    20200208_160612.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 503
  • 20200208_161137.jpg
    20200208_161137.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 514
Valentine’s Day Present Came Early!

Although I had planned on a hunt today I was very close to not going. A cold front came through yesterday and it remained cloudy today. I really did not feel like donning the wet suit but I decided to chance it – “no guts, no glory”. I got to the beach 2.5 hours before the low tide – perfect for me. There was however a bit more rougher surf than I expected. Nearing the halfway point, I got to the area I like to get to and noticed another pirate working the north end of the same area. This area happened to be giving up some greenies so I worked it back and forth and just then I look in the scoop and one of the targets was :dingding:. At this point, I was pretty sure it was gold. I looked and couldn’t discern any markings but most of the time I can’t see those without my glasses so I thought when I got back to the car I could check it out again. The silver ring and the titanium were all in the same area within an hour. When I was heading back I was working the sandbar and that’s when I pulled up the Ray Ban Club Masters that I cursed for breaking. :cuss: I normally pull 9 out of 10 glasses without damaging them. Just my bad luck on those today. (I still think they’re sellable though).

When I got back to the car I put on my glasses and see no markings on the ring. I now believed it was probably junk. :( At home, I inspect them casually with my jeweler’s glasses and no markings. Just for the hell of it I get my diamond tester and test the diamonds. Guess what? They’re real! :shock: I tested quite a few of them thinking something was wrong with my tester. :blink: After I thought they were real I went outside with the jeweler’s glasses again in the sun and zeroed in on the inside of the ring again. I found a faint “C” mark in a circle on one end and a faint “14k” on the inside of the other end. :woohoo: It fits the wife and she wore it to dinner tonight but we’ve decided it’s going to be given to my daughter when she graduates from college in a couple of years.

Attachments

• 2-8-20.jpg
    2-8-20.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 2-9-20 Gold.jpg
    2-9-20 Gold.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 2-8-20 Rings.jpg
    2-8-20 Rings.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 2-8-20 Foreign Coins (1).jpg
    2-8-20 Foreign Coins (1).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 2-8-20 Foreign Coins (2).jpg
    2-8-20 Foreign Coins (2).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 305
  • 2-8-20 Glasses.jpg
    2-8-20 Glasses.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 305
  • 2-8-20 Fits.jpg
    2-8-20 Fits.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 295
Although I had planned on a hunt today I was very close to not going. A cold front came through yesterday and it remained cloudy today. I really did not feel like donning the wet suit but I decided to chance it – “no guts, no glory”. I got to the beach 2.5 hours before the low tide – perfect for me. There was however a bit more rougher surf than I expected. Nearing the halfway point, I got to the area I like to get to and noticed another pirate working the north end of the same area. This area happened to be giving up some greenies so I worked it back and forth and just then I look in the scoop and one of the targets was :dingding:. At this point, I was pretty sure it was gold. I looked and couldn’t discern any markings but most of the time I can’t see those without my glasses so I thought when I got back to the car I could check it out again. The silver ring and the titanium were all in the same area within an hour. When I was heading back I was working the sandbar and that’s when I pulled up the Ray Ban Club Masters that I cursed for breaking. :cuss: I normally pull 9 out of 10 glasses without damaging them. Just my bad luck on those today. (I still think they’re sellable though).

When I got back to the car I put on my glasses and see no markings on the ring. I now believed it was probably junk. :( At home, I inspect them casually with my jeweler’s glasses and no markings. Just for the hell of it I get my diamond tester and test the diamonds. Guess what? They’re real! :shock: I tested quite a few of them thinking something was wrong with my tester. :blink: After I thought they were real I went outside with the jeweler’s glasses again in the sun and zeroed in on the inside of the ring again. I found a faint “C” mark in a circle on one end and a faint “14k” on the inside of the other end. :woohoo: It fits the wife and she wore it to dinner tonight but we’ve decided it’s going to be given to my daughter when she graduates from college in a couple of years.

Felix, I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you just hijacked meggies post! Congrats to Meggie on the beautiful 18k and congrats to felix for successfully pirating this post :) but seriously wow, beautiful 14k!

Back
Top Bottom