Need a Nox upgrade?

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter

Attachments

• 83257131_2213054425667469_1521882194883117056_o.jpg
    83257131_2213054425667469_1521882194883117056_o.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 914
Guessing that's a waterproof housing? I'm a heartbeat away from pulling the trigger on a Nox and that would address my main concern (water leaking while hunting the lakes and streams). While Minelab claims it's waterproof to 10 feet, I've seen too many posts about drowned machines.

How much for one that fits a Nox 600 and how do I order one?

So I'm guessing that these are 3D printed housings?
No clue Aqua...Just something I seen while surfing the net...

Found it fairly cool, some one did question if it sealed the handle. not sure that either.

Here is a email for those with questions or interested. A 200 dollar conversion kit..
[email protected]

Yikes ! A waterproof housing for a waterproof detector. Adding more imbalance as well. Probably really smart for a true underwater hunter though.

Guessing that's a waterproof housing? I'm a heartbeat away from pulling the trigger on a Nox and that would address my main concern (water leaking while hunting the lakes and streams). While Minelab claims it's waterproof to 10 feet, I've seen too many posts about drowned machines.

How much for one that fits a Nox 600 and how do I order one?

[email protected]

No clue Aqua...Just something I seen while surfing the net...

Found it fairly cool, some one did question if it sealed the handle. not sure that either.

Here is a email for those with questions or interested. A 200 dollar conversion kit..

[email protected]
I do plan on hitting the water with mine and all it takes is a splash to murder a MD. How else could I waterproof a waterproof a MD ? I do like what I see.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Honestly....... how many of you would want to dive with the Nox. Just to awkward. IF the leaking is coming from the battery O ring ..... this isnt a fix and would only create even more issues with water pressure increasing the deeper you went. Ive NOT had an issue with mine in the water thou others have. BUT .....i certainly dont let that discourage me since it has a 3 year warranty and ML has repaired ANYTHING that breaks. So i wouldnt worry about getting it in the water. $200 and it looks like you have to do some board work....... there goes that warranty out the window.....and you dont even know it works. Out of the water this could create a heat issue. ALSO...... what do you think your going to find wayyyyyy out there an Xcal wont?

By the time I'm done outfitting my Nox with every Walmart accessory out there , I will have a $2800 machine !

I must be doing it wrong. I have the Equinox 800 with all the coils, carbon fiber shaft, elapsed three coils on their own carbon fiber lower shaft, custom army cuff pads and head protectors, and I’m only at $1,195.
Huh ? Even with a military % its $765. 15" coil= 240. That's a G right there. Your about half way there. Unless you're on the 5 finger discount program. You got all the ML regalia ? ML UV rated , waterproof , breathable pants , shirt , underwear ? I didn't think so ! How bout the lightweight carbon fiber backpack ? Ground penetrating sunglasses ? I'm talking walking billboard here.... You got aways to go !

Mil discount, got both 6” and 15” coils for $230 shipped off The Treasure Depot. 3 CF lower rods were $75, less than a $100 for the CF shaft. Then $25 for the cuff and head cover.

What a deal. Counterfeits ?

By the time I'm done outfitting my Nox with every Walmart accessory out there , I will have a $2800 machine !

:laughing: ... to eventually find $1000 gold. :D

I've bought a well-regarded brand detector payed by the scrap i've found with my other one.
If i don't go to far my scrap finds pay always my petrol used for hunting, and often also my food and drink for that hunt.

"A hobby may cost money". I agree, but if it is not needed and still can do the hobby .... i have other and sometimes better options to spend my money on.

Nope, just patience and good deals on used coils. $100 for the 6” and $130 for the 15”

Yeah...there are definitely some good deals out there , if your willing to wait. Some people just want to off there stuff. But the flip side : lots of peeps may find a nice ring and might say " that just paid for my detector ". Right....if you were paying full retail at some fancy jewelry store. Try selling it. A nice gold band , your lucky to get $200 for it. You can sell on the web at a higher price , but it can take a long time. I always get a kick out of these folks...

Back
Top Bottom