• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites TDI Beachhunter

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Mark and I hooked up at a very difficult beach to hunt that is very hard to find gold at.. over a period of 11 years hunting it I have pulled 11 gold rings from it and 7 of those were when I found a washed out area... 9 were found with a PI, 1 with a GT on the slope and 1 with the Excal also on the slope.

The compressed mud is down as far as one can dig...

Mark was swinging the TDI PRO and he allowed me to try the TDI beach hunter.. that beach with the TDI kicked my ass.. my bore holes were super deep to recover what I did recover but the TDI Beach hunter was smoothest PI I have ever hunted with... it was a dream come true... the threshold was like running your hand over a satin sheet... it was amazing...

The settings I used were Ground Balance off, Gain wide open, Pulse delay between 15 and 10 uS microseconds closer to 10uS, Threshold was just audible.. when it hits on a target you know it.. its loud...

Sandcrab and i were talking other night and he told me about some targets that you hear only from one direction to take a scoop which I did on two targets.. they turned out to be tiny 22 cal bullets..

The PPing for me was right on my holes were narrow but deep.. if I had an issue I inverted the coil on its side and found the target that way..

This thread is not about what I found but how the TDI functioned for me..

With the battery mod it was running at 16 volts..

1 silver rosie was the best of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,161
Yup, got to love the tdi series. It goes deep enough that in some circumstances I cant recover the target due to depth and conditions... even if the target sounds good.

Craig

Is this a new machine, a TDI that Whites finally waterproofed for water hunting ? I know the beach hunter was not favored , but i herd the TDI is a deep machine , is it deeper than the DF ?

Interesting...for YOU to be impressed by a machine that says something for it.

I dont think anyone can argue there is DEEP gold down there. But the effort a PI takes..... especially one this deep... will leave an old man like me looking for the ben-gay.:lol:

Little different here in Fl... most are recent drop hunters id say. They look at a long busy beach and say .... can i finish this today? PI guys wont ... there is just so much small iron moving around... not to mention all those VLF targets they leave behind. Add a few more inches of untouched targets.... and you have yourself ..... kicked my butt kind of day. Many cant wrap their head around digging 17" to find a fish hook OR deep deep 2 ounce sinker. Try that in the oat meal. No one can knock the depth of this machine.... but sometimes depth aint everything. 10uS.... is a good sensitivity to reduce some of that power and look for the small gold too. BUT..... there are times i think we all wish we had a PI out there.... there just isnt anything to find non-ferr shallow. Id much prefer digging a few more targets in the water as dry sand hunting.:lol:

Dew

I can relate to that, mostly fresh drop's here, but only 4 months a year, different from Florida, the Df here was good till the fishing peer went down in the storm, after- 1000 nails at 17 plus, i put the Df in the closet on time out:lol: , now i might break it back out , still the off season with replentishment sand , if there is anything down under it , a Df would be a good tool, and ware me out at the same time, no sping chicken anymore here, i agree :laughing:

I am still thinking of trying one more pulse. Is the TDI or the pro the best though?

That is up tp you to decide... I'm just letting you know what I found with it on a difficult beach to hunt... Mark found his USA officers button at this beach and he dug over two feet down for it.. Mark or Sandcrab can answer your question about the difference between the two.

Is this a new machine, a TDI that Whites finally waterproofed for water hunting ? I know the beach hunter was not favored , but i herd the TDI is a deep machine , is it deeper than the DF ?

Yes its deeper than the DF.

Interesting...for YOU to be impressed by a machine that says something for it.

The difference between the DF that I used to run and this new machine are night and day... hopefully I will get another chance to use it before the minus tides end.

I dont think anyone can argue there is DEEP gold down there. But the effort a PI takes..... especially one this deep... will leave an old man like me looking for the ben-gay.:lol:

Little different here in Fl... most are recent drop hunters id say. They look at a long busy beach and say .... can i finish this today? PI guys wont ... there is just so much small iron moving around... not to mention all those VLF targets they leave behind. Add a few more inches of untouched targets.... and you have yourself ..... kicked my butt kind of day. Many cant wrap their head around digging 17" to find a fish hook OR deep deep 2 ounce sinker. Try that in the oat meal. No one can knock the depth of this machine.... but sometimes depth aint everything. 10uS.... is a good sensitivity to reduce some of that power and look for the small gold too. BUT..... there are times i think we all wish we had a PI out there.... there just isnt anything to find non-ferr shallow. Id much prefer digging a few more targets in the water as dry sand hunting.:lol:

You think I'm stupid Dew? Your waiting for that next magic detector to come out.. after its out and everyone is settled in another one will come out and the party will start again, the anticipation.. I can hardly wait :lol: and you will pull the trigger on that one as well and then there will be another one waiting in the wings for your money that belongs to your children :laughing:

And btw.. I slept like a baby last night.. digging boring holes was very tiring :lol: I forgot what it was like using a pulse... where is my Excal... we are going out today :D

Craig

Interesting, and 1000 clams cheaper that over priced hyped up fantasy pi, thank's for the info., those crator holes scare me though , i am out of shape :laughing: ps i could imagine you guy's now, laughing at me , stuck in the mud, Swing would have a field day :lol:

I really like this detector but you better be in decent shape because you'll be digging a LOT of small targets. Be prepared to hip mount as well because it seems too heavy to swing for hours at a time. GL&HH!

I really like this detector but you better be in decent shape because you'll be digging a LOT of small targets. Be prepared to hip mount as well because it seems too heavy to swing for hours at a time. GL&HH!

George.. I had no issues swinging the TDI Beach Hunter.. then again I'm used to swinging a weedeater :lol:

Craig

Just like getting back to the gym, no pain no gain, wait till the asitone kicks in, you will be sore for 3 days, as we age it increases, i think you will be using the Excal the rest of the week :shock::lol: Looks like the original Beach Hunter vlf was eliminated and they used the same box for the Beach Hunter TDI , to cuts cost, :laughing:same design , looking forward to your reviews on this machine, Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom