Need a Nox upgrade?

Yeah...there are definitely some good deals out there , if your willing to wait. Some people just want to off there stuff. But the flip side : lots of peeps may find a nice ring and might say " that just paid for my detector ". Right....if you were paying full retail at some fancy jewelry store. Try selling it. A nice gold band , your lucky to get $200 for it. You can sell on the web at a higher price , but it can take a long time. I always get a kick out of these folks...

What folks????? Folks like me and some of my buddies that annually send in 5 to 7 gold bands and class rings worth $1500 to $2000 in melt value to be melted into ingots or receive a nice check from the metal processor?

Two years with the Nox, 11 gold rings and several really nice gold nuggets.

I get a kick out of THAT and yes my Equinox gear is paid for.......

Jeff

Yeah guys....of course gold adds up. Cmon read the post "a gold ring" , "a gold band". THAT MEANS (1). Just remarking on that paying for a more higher priced detector. Not paying for a cheap bounty hunter or pinpointer !

Yeah guys....of course gold adds up. Cmon read the post "a gold ring" , "a gold band". THAT MEANS (1). Just remarking on that paying for a more higher priced detector. Not paying for a cheap bounty hunter or pinpointer !

Read this thread several times.....................the original posting about upgrading waterproofing. If someone really likes their detector, they are successful with and want to upgrade or improve it what’s the problem?

Read this thread several times.....................the original posting about upgrading waterproofing. If someone really likes their detector, they are successful with and want to upgrade or improve it what’s the problem?

Nothing's wrong. If you want to spend $2800 on a Nox ! Lol... ok guys , sorry...off the rails here for those that didn't "get" the post.

Nothing. :thumbsup:

If someone really likes their detector, they are successful with and want to keep it and NOT wants a NOX of DEUS or whatever other "best detector" what’s the problem? ;)
I was just foolin' a bit with a smile :D about forum spread reactions like that. Didn't know it would go this far.

My personal opinion is that all should respect each other and each others choices as being good. :cheers: :friends:

Great upgrade. Indeed nothing wrong with it.

KOB

I usually find that your posts are positive, very informative and factual even when you are posting about a detector that you may not particularly like. This time I definitely did not "get" that impression. My apologies for possibly misunderstanding something.

I have used too many detectors to count. Some I really like and they fit me and my detecting needs. Others I really don't like for whatever real or subjective reason. I may visit the forums for those detectors that don't fit me just to see what is happening but jokingly or seriously throwing out stuff like "if you want to spend $2800 on a Nox......." is kind of ridiculous. I could buy three Equinox for that amount of money and all the coils too easily. I guess that was you just having some fun. No big deal. It's a great hobby!:cool3:

Jeff

I usually find that your posts are positive, very informative and factual even when you are posting about a detector that you may not particularly like. This time I definitely did not "get" that impression.

Me? I like each detector that does what it's made for. Most types of the known brands are.
The only think i don't like is if people start about 'best detector' and such. If anyone askes what to buy, that he get advice for one particular detector.

I only made one joke about that here, not knowing it would become such or wanting any discussion.

I respect each good detector and the choice of everyone for his own one preference. Something IMO more/all should do.

My apologies for possibly misunderstanding something.

And apologies from me and to anyone for any part in misunderstandings from my side.

KOB

I usually find that your posts are positive, very informative and factual even when you are posting about a detector that you may not particularly like. This time I definitely did not "get" that impression. My apologies for possibly misunderstanding something.

I have used too many detectors to count. Some I really like and they fit me and my detecting needs. Others I really don't like for whatever real or subjective reason. I may visit the forums for those detectors that don't fit me just to see what is happening but jokingly or seriously throwing out stuff like "if you want to spend $2800 on a Nox......." is kind of ridiculous. I could buy three Equinox for that amount of money and all the coils too easily. I guess that was you just having some fun. No big deal. It's a great hobby!:cool3:

Jeff
You finally got it ! I was being ridiculous ! But not all that far off. I have owned 2 Nox 800s. The 1st one I sent it back after 10 days because I didn't want to put the time in. The 2nd one I recently sold. I had about $1500 in it with a bunch of accessories. Sold it for 1200. I had it down pretty darn good. It paid for itself quickly. They are great detectors , just not for me and my style. In certain very trashy areas probably the best out there. BUT... the bottom line is there are better fulltime saltwater machines out there. I know its not as deep as others. I knew I was missing gold ! Well...that don't work for THE KOB ! Besides it's very time consuming , and time is your #1 enemy at the beach. Not other hunters. They are #2.

The joke was like : you ever see those guys driving down the road with every kind of plastic gizmo glued to their car and they think it's cool ? The auto accessories isle at Walmart ? They just should have bought a different , better car. By the time you add the cost of goodies for a Nox , many could have just bought a better salt machine. But , to each his own.

Pretty cool housing! I just looked last night and have 3 rings totaling 15 grams exactly of 10k and it’s still 315.00. I won’t get that at a buyer but I was surprised. What percentage of current gold prices are you guys getting? 60%? 70%? Higher? Lower?

Pretty cool housing! I just looked last night and have 3 rings totaling 15 grams exactly of 10k and it’s still 315.00. I won’t get that at a buyer but I was surprised. What percentage of current gold prices are you guys getting? 60%? 70%? Higher? Lower?
I get from 85-90% of spot for scrap at a few local shops near me. A coin shop and cash4gold place. On rare occasions 120% for something really nice and unique. This is only when I want fast cash. So.Cal here. Some places in the past have tried to burn me for 60-70%. Be careful. Know your stuff and act like it or they will ALL rip you !

I get from 85-90% of spot for scrap at a few local shops near me. A coin shop and cash4gold place. On rare occasions 120% for something really nice and unique. This is only when I want fast cash. So.Cal here. Some places in the past have tried to burn me for 60-70%. Be careful. Know your stuff and act like it or they will ALL rip you !

Thanks KOB I appreciate that!

I know some people's experiences vary but i have owned the Nox for well over a year now and fully submerge the head unit EVERY time I hunt and never had a problem with it. I have recently experimented with snorkeling while detecting so the entire machine is completely submerged for long periods of time and have not had one problem. Again I know there are a few that have had issues with "drowning" Noxs but I wanted to give a positive experience.

Back
Top Bottom