• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Kids "school fair" Hunt Ideas??

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
I was thinking of trying a kids detecting booth type thing at my kids school fair (which won't be until spring 2017) I have a few spare machines that I don't use.

Wondering how to accomplish that.

Sand pit ? But it has to be mobile and not hard to deal with, i would have to take it with me when I leave. Something I can hide tokens or coins in and they can detect and sorta dig up a find then I reseed it and next one can go.

Figured maybe someone has already done this type of thing and may have good ideas ...

Last edited:
ScubaDetector used to do that (maybe still does) at a boat show or some kind of show and members here sent him "junk" rings to seed a little sanded area he set up. Pretty cool idea. He no longer posts here me sadly.

Found the post: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=205299

Thank you. Good information.

Sand seemed like the best option, wish the school had a sandbox I could use and but I'll have to figure something temporary out and what finds to put in there. Maybe I can order bulk aluminum tokens or rings....or something.

a kiddie pool and wood chips sounds like the best idea...inexpensive...easier for the kids to find the target...easier for you to clean up/pack away.

Back
Top Bottom