Any info on this bullet?

nickinCA

Ok i found this near an old mining camp on the bank of a creek about 4 inches down. I haven't been able to find it on any civil war websites that i've looked at so if you can help that would be great!
024.jpg

023.jpg

The length is about a half inch.

I have not been doing this long but that bullet looks alot like some of the civil war era bullets that are pictured in a relic book that I have. The conf & union alike cut 2 or 3 lines around the base like that bullet has and alot of them were pointed like that. When I get to where I can take a look at that book I will get back with you and let you know if it exactly resembles any of them.

Actually, after taking a closer look at it, it does seem to be a modern musket loader/black powder bullet. Probably a .50 caliber. They have that pointed look with the nose cut off.

Well right away, that's no CW 3 ringer I've ever seen...

I agree with Voriax. The truncated cone and the bottom definitely make it appear to be a semi-wadcutter of some sort, and modern.

images

images

Last edited:

Hard to tell from the pic but I would say it's a modern 200 grain Lead Semi-Wadcutter from a .45acp. Can you give the weight in grains?

It is interesting to read the different opinions, I know nothing about the older things.

Back
Top Bottom