Lesche Digger problem

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
The plastic/rubber handle has worked its way loose and now just slides off the shaft of the Digger. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so what kind of glue, etc did you use to re-attach it? I have some Gorilla glue but don't know if I should use it or something else. Any suggestions would be apprecitated.

Attachments

• DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 871
I would try a two part epoxy. I don't think much of gorilla glue.

If its still fits faily tight put it on like you put hand grips on a bicycle. Hair Spray the heck out of the inside, slide it back on and then let it dry. If its not to loose you will have a heck of a time getting back off.

If you have a buddy that welds you could have him close up the end of the pipe, then put a sheet metal screw through a washer, through the grip, and into the new end. Might be a bit of trouble but it should last.

gorilla glue

I used it to do the same as you want to, except it was the grip off my hedge trimmer. People dont always read directions when it comes to things like glue.
It's glue right? it should stick right? Read the directions and wet everything with water, thats what activates it. You wont be able to pull that grip off with a John Deere........Gil

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up using a two part epoxy that I had and it seems to be working so far. I guess only time with tell if it is going to hold longer than the original stuff they used.

Back
Top Bottom