MD Novice seeking mid-range unit

19Glendale

I'm a MD novice looking for suggestions on my first unit. I don't want to go cheap or super expensive. From what I've seen, I think my price range is the $300-$600 dollar range. I would probably use it in Virginia soil, but maybe at the beach also. Any model suggestions would be much appreciated.

You have to do a lot of research and figure out exactly what you want. I wouldnt hesitate to even go with a used detector if it was sold by a decent person on this forum.

I'm a MD novice looking for suggestions on my first unit. I don't want to go cheap or super expensive. From what I've seen, I think my price range is the $300-$600 dollar range. I would probably use it in Virginia soil, but maybe at the beach also. Any model suggestions would be much appreciated.

The Garrett Ace 250 is a super great unit and well under your $300 budget. My 10 year old started with an Ace 150, same as the 250 but without the pin point mode built in and a few less discrimination programs. They both detect the same. There is an ACE 350 due out in Sept. That looks very promising, but the 250 is still a great unit at $100 less.

That's my take on it. I still have both Aces and a Minelab. I wouldn't part with any of them. If you want a used Ace 150 or 250, I have access to USED ONCE detectors if your interested. Just send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom