Need Help locating treasure chest

Typhoon

Hi everybody,

excuse me. i have a friend that his father told him before dying that there is a treasure chest buried in his land, and he specified a location approximately the size of a soccer stadium.

the problem is that the area is a little populated and the nearby population already know that there is something buried in those lands. so he cant just start digging everywhere because that will spark bad atrention, and in the other hand he can not risk the investment in a expensive metal detector or scanner because he still have some doubts he may find nothing.

we need your advice here.

n.b : the soil is agricultural.

thank you.

Assuming it's as large as a coffee can (or bigger) and buried several feet down (beyond the reach of regular detectors), he should buy a "Box" style metal detector and learn to use it.

If you mention the town/state you are in maybe there might be some members close enough that could PM you and offer to help find it.

.... i have a friend that his father told him before dying that there is a treasure chest buried .....

Typhoon, I'm counting the "degrees of separation" between the supposed treasure chest, to the forum readers here. And I come up with at least 4 tiers. Ie.: We are told by you. You were told by your friend. Your friend was told by his dad. And assuming the "dad" was the one who actually buried it, then ... that makes 4 tiers of pass-through. But perhaps the dad was ... likewise .... passing on info that , ... he too got from someone further up the lineage . Eg.: He had been told this information by others, which he too was passing on to his son.

I certainly hope your story is credible and true. But just sayin' that .... such stories often get bandied about , from one person to another, and : In each case are told in "first person singular". And embellished (with utter sincerity) along the way.

For example, I saw this trend in Mexico when I went cache hunting, to chase these type "iron-clad" treasure leads. But when you go to scrutinize the people's stories , it turned out to be endless he said she saids. Each person having gotten it on "solid authority" from so & so. So you track down so & so, and .... they too got it on solid authority from so & so. And no matter how many layers you go through, it's never-ending to trace back to the "person who supposedly saw it". Yet at each telling: It's always first-person singular.

As I say : I hope yours isn't in the telephone game class of things.

Last edited:
Typhoon, I counting the "degrees of separation" between the supposed treasure chest, to the forum readers here. And I come up with at least 4 tiers. Ie.: We are told by you. You were told by your friend. Your friend was told by his dad. And assuming the "dad" was the one who actually buried it, then ... that makes 4 tiers of pass-through. But perhaps the dad was ... likewise .... passing on info that , ... he too got from someone further up the lineage . Eg.: He had been told this information by others, which he too was passing on to his son.

I certainly hope your story is credible and true. But just sayin' that .... such stories often get bandied about , from one person to another, and : In each case are told in "first person singular". And embellished (with utter sincerity) along the way.

For example, I saw this trend in Mexico when I went cache hunting, to chase these type "iron-clad" treasure leads. But when you go to scrutinize the people's stories , it turned out to be endless he said she saids. Each person having gotten it on "solid authority" from so & so. So you track down so & so, and .... they too got it on solid authority from so & so. And no matter how many layers you go through, it's never-ending to trace back to the "person who supposedly saw it". Yet at each telling: It's always first-person singular.

Good point Tom !

Now if they gave a detectorist permission to hunt all their land and keep any finds except the treasure chest (if found) they might find someone close enough willing to take the time and effort to hunt all that land just for the permission.

If there is an iron cannonball in the chest my Aqua Pulse mag may see it to 8-10 feet.

Still a bit of walking involved.

Assuming it's as large as a coffee can (or bigger) and buried several feet down (beyond the reach of regular detectors), he should buy a "Box" style metal detector and learn to use it.

Thank you for your time Rudy, can you please suggest some good performers in the Box style category ?

A discriminating dowsing rod !

Thank you but i dont think it will give reliable results.

If you mention the town/state you are in maybe there might be some members close enough that could PM you and offer to help find it.

Thank you but we are not even in the USA, you can guess that by my english level :D

Typhoon, I'm counting the "degrees of separation" between the supposed treasure chest, to the forum readers here. And I come up with at least 4 tiers. Ie.: We are told by you. You were told by your friend. Your friend was told by his dad. And assuming the "dad" was the one who actually buried it, then ... that makes 4 tiers of pass-through. But perhaps the dad was ... likewise .... passing on info that , ... he too got from someone further up the lineage . Eg.: He had been told this information by others, which he too was passing on to his son.

Thank you Tom, its defenitly not folks talks, it's in my friend's father land. i may have 5% of doubts too but we can not just walk away leaving a potential treasure under our feet.

Any other suggestion is very welcome. thank you in advance.

Thank you for your time Rudy, can you please suggest some good performers in the Box style category ?

The White's TM 808 is what I would recommend. It's ~$800 new, but your friend should be able to pick up a used one for a fraction.

... Thank you Tom, its defenitly not folks talks, it's in my friend's father land. i may have 5% of doubts too but we can not just walk away leaving a potential treasure under our feet.

Any other suggestion is very welcome. thank you in advance.

I/we hope you find a "treasure chest" :cool:

But I have to say, that I fully anticipated the reply you gave here. So too was it on my 3 week cache-hunting trek to Mexico, chasing various "compelling sounding stories". And in each case, the person telling the story, was adamant that it was not superstition . Not legend-category. Not telephone game. Etc.... In fact, it was sort of humorous: If we even suggested superstition (when they began talking of smoke coming from the ground, or the conquistadors, or sparkles they saw in the ground, or a vision they saw in a dream, etc...), they would become all-the-more entrenched. We were then called "loco americanos", ha

And no matter how many pass-through-layers the story went through, it was always 100% (or as in your case ... 95%) bullet proof iron-clad true. All they needed was a detector that goes 6 meters deep. After all, they got it on good authority from so & so , etc.... Doh !

In fact, even the supposed "eye witnesses" (who "saw coins dug up") tended to fizzle. We would track down these "eye-witnesses", and .... you guessed it .... they didn't actually *see* the coins. But not to worry, they know the guy who saw them being found. So you track down THAT person. And ... you guessed it .... it turns out they didn't actually *see* the coins either. But not to worry, they got it on good authority from so & so. And so forth back to infinity. But in each case, it's told in first person present tense . Doh !

true. but just because the majority of these are fables doesn't mean they all are.

Sure. And when that statistic is cited, then here's what happens next: The person with their-particular-legend will immediately lump THEIR legend in the 1% (or whatever) that is true. Ie.: NO ONE thinks that their particular legend falls into the 99% category. Right ?

Hey, I'll even go a step further than that ! : All the stories themselves are "99% " true. They are all built around real names, dates, places, & events. None of them ever started with "Once upon a time....". But the "gotcha" is: If there's no treasure, then it really doesn't matter that the other 99% of the story can be substantiated, researched, shown-to-be-true, etc.....

IMHO, here's the red-flags of a potential telephone game legend (ie.: no treasure) :

a) When the claims are that they are insanely deep. This is part & parcel to a probable ghost-story legend. In fact, ever noticed how : The bigger the treasure, then the deeper it must be ? Why is that ?

So when someone comes on asking about detectors that go "6 meters deep" (19 to 20 ft. deep!) , that tends to be the first clue of a probable legend class story.

b) That you can find endless layers of pass-through. Ie.: someone who told someone who told someone who told someone who told. ..... well ... you get the picture.

c) That cryptograms, marker clues (turtles, etc...), secret maps, etc... led the way there.

d) smoke that came out of the ground. Or a glow or a flame or sparkles, that *certainly* point to a deep treasure there, eh ?

d) booby traps are always sure to have been placed there, to keep future would-be TH'rs away.

Everybody loves a Treasure Hunt! This World is just brimming with all sorts of Treasure! Lots of Folks now a days are engaged in this passion furiously at this very moment! Some folks are sifting through the garbage for somebodies discarded mail so they can steal their bank account!

Some Folks are hunting the interwebs searching for some sucker who will wire them their bank account info so they can transfer money to get millions of dollars out of Nigeria! Some folks offer 0 interest rates on a new car purchase!

Some offer to manage 401k money, or Pensions! Some sell Timeshares, Some sell Whole Life policies..Some real treasure hunters like Pizarro or the (EyeAreEss) find out what you fear and find what you love and threaten to give you one and take the other unless you cough up..then when you comply, they strangle you anyway.....known as the old 'Atahualpa treatment' to this day, this is very effective....

For us though, simple Men afoot and alone in this World, finding a few errant pennies in a park, or maybe a foreign coin in the reject tray at the Coinstar, or snatching up a junk day curb set out fulfill our Treasure Hunting urge..We are the underperformers though, and not good Counselors on this subject...Some of our posted finds classified as 'Bucket list', you would think we found the Lost Dutchman! :laughing:

I Imagine everybody in the Real Treasure Hunting World is laughing at us!.."Hey Harry, take a look at this dope! He is bragging about finding a danged old V nickel worth maybe $2, while I was raiding his bank account!" (This is what Bankers do for a hobby, then they sell you Lifelock protection next week):laughing:

Heck, Typhoon, I'd encourage you at all costs to go look for your Friends Fathers Treasure even if it isnt true! It would be a harmless and wonderful adventure if nothing else.....Or get your hands on his Deceased Fathers SS number and apply for Benefits!! You cant find nothing sitting around in the house!:laughing: BTW, I sell dirt probes, which you will be needing...one way or the other...

Attachments

• probe-2.jpg
    probe-2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 515
My 2 Cents......
1. Determine what you can legally hunt without permission
2. Gather as many permissions on bordering properties - work these details a couple days prior the big hunt
3. Then organize a massive hunt with everyone on the many forums
4. Advertise the hunt in magazines
5. Hunt the ENTIRE permission all once

If there is actually treasure it will be found and you won't worry about it ever again.

If it isn't found then you are either too late or it never existed.......

Either way let the "gold fever" subside or you'll be digging to China...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom