Stupid Teenager

T-Man

Elite Member
I have a 13 year old I'm willing to trade for a Dues or CTX, heck even at this point an old BH. Just be warned he apparently likes to sneak out of the house at 2 am to meet up with a girl behind a school about a mile away and get a nice ride home in a police cruiser. (never did make it all the way to the school) Rather annoying since I was nice enough to tuck him in around 10 PM along with his brothers and sisters only to get woke up by a knock on the door at 2:30 in the morning. :mad: I wish he would think with the head on his shoulders other than the one downstairs. To make matters worse he was nice enough to leave the back door wide open while he was out. I probably should of known he was going to do it. I did the same thing at his age and he is my clone. (only I was smart enough not to get caught the the police.) Mom on the other hand seemed to have a 6th sense for these things. I guess I can feel her pain for raising me now. She always did say just wait till I have kids. Karma has a way of coming around 30 years later... To think I have 3 more still to go through the teen years... Going to need to hire a fulltime psychologist before it's all said and done.

HH

I have a 13 year old I'm willing to trade for a Dues or CTX, heck even at this point an old BH. Just be warned he apparently likes to sneak out of the house at 2 am to meet up with a girl behind a school about a mile away and get a nice ride home in a police cruiser. (never did make it all the way to the school) Rather annoying since I was nice enough to tuck him in around 10 PM along with his brothers and sisters only to get woke up by a knock on the door at 2:30 in the morning. :mad: I wish he would think with the head on his shoulders other than the one downstairs. To make matters worse he was nice enough to leave the back door wide open while he was out. I probably should of known he was going to do it. I did the same thing at his age and he is my clone. (only I was smart enough not to get caught the the police.) Mom on the other hand seemed to have a 6th sense for these things. I guess I can feel her pain for raising me now. She always did say just wait till I have kids. Karma has a way of coming around 30 years later... To think I have 3 more still to go through the teen years... Going to need to hire a fulltime psychologist before it's all said and done.

HH

Rofl only time I sat in back of cop car was because I asked the officer if I could cause I wanted to see what it was like.

I was a pretty good kid growing up, but like all kids I did some things my parents wouldn't have liked, such as staying up super late playing handheld video games under my bed covers, watching R-rated movies on YouTube and stuff like that. Never in trouble with the law though. I grew up in a really uber-conservative household and I feel that some of the stuff I watched and music I listened to made me a more well-rounded individual, I got to see more than one perspective on things and I feel it got me thinking for myself a little more. I have always found that the stricter parents are the more likely the kids are to rebel (I'm NOT directing that at you T-Man since I have no idea the way you run your house and sometimes kids just rebel no matter how much freedom you give them).

I'm almost 20 now and feel that my parents, or at least, my mom, are somewhat happy with the way I turned out even if we sometimes disagree politically. I know my mom is proud of me for being independent.

I am proud to say though that I have never been in trouble with the law, never been fired from a job, never done drugs/alcohol and was, for the most part, a good student. I think I have good work ethic and a moral compass so I guess my parents taught me that right.

Fortunately he was not in any trouble with law, only being out after curfew, thus getting a free ride home to make sure he arrived safely. He wasn't getting into any trouble otherwise and overall a pretty good kid for his age. Just don't like getting woke in the middle of the night for someone who was supposed to be in bed. Heck if he wanted to go see her so bad I could of drove him over there the next day during reasonable hours. His phone now belongs to me until I feel fit to return which will be awhile.

I was a pretty good kid growing up, but like all kids I did some things my parents wouldn't have liked, such as staying up super late playing handheld video games under my bed covers, watching R-rated movies on YouTube and stuff like that. Never in trouble with the law though. I grew up in a really uber-conservative household and I feel that some of the stuff I watched and music I listened to made me a more well-rounded individual, I got to see more than one perspective on things and I feel it got me thinking for myself a little more. I have always found that the stricter parents are the more likely the kids are to rebel (I'm NOT directing that at you T-Man since I have no idea the way you run your house and sometimes kids just rebel no matter how much freedom you give them).

I'm almost 20 now and feel that my parents, or at least, my mom, are somewhat happy with the way I turned out even if we sometimes disagree politically. I know my mom is proud of me for being independent.

I am proud to say though that I have never been in trouble with the law, never been fired from a job, never done drugs/alcohol and was, for the most part, a good student. I think I have good work ethic and a moral compass so I guess my parents taught me that right.

Lol much of this paragraph I's true.

Fortunately he was not in any trouble with law, only being out after curfew, thus getting a free ride home to make sure he arrived safely. He wasn't getting into any trouble otherwise and overall a pretty good kid for his age. Just don't like getting woke in the middle of the night for someone who was supposed to be in bed. Heck if he wanted to go see her so bad I could of drove him over there the next day during reasonable hours. His phone now belongs to me until I feel fit to return which will be awhile.

:) good thing it's not a phone like mine as I could easily track it which is why my. Phone was never taken away I would just log onto my computer and find it.

He could try doing that but it's in my pocket at work and I'm still bigger then he is, at least for the next few years. :lol: Besides he knows exactly where it is. If he gets some silly idea to try nabbing it in his sleep the battery is in an unknown to him location.

let him sit at the jail until morning, if he continues... Needs to learn about consequences, before he starts getting into some real trouble. He may have only been out for a hookup, but some of the other people out after curfew, are out for other reasons. There's a reason for the curfew, part of that is safety concerns. Left your back door open/unlocked, put the whole family at risk. Don't know about your area, but in some of the larger cities around here, they have these home-invasion robberies, which are unusually brutal. I've got a hunch most are drug related, someone at the house owes money, and slow to pay.

Being a teenager, he doesn't have too much longer, before the harsh reality of adulthood hits him. Needs open his eyes a little, become responsible. Most places, child support isn't optional, non-payment is a crime. Tough for a young man just starting out in life as an adult.

let him sit at the jail until morning, if he continues... Needs to learn about consequences, before he starts getting into some real trouble. He may have only been out for a hookup, but some of the other people out after curfew, are out for other reasons. There's a reason for the curfew, part of that is safety concerns. Left your back door open/unlocked, put the whole family at risk. Don't know about your area, but in some of the larger cities around here, they have these home-invasion robberies, which are unusually brutal. I've got a hunch most are drug related, someone at the house owes money, and slow to pay.

Being a teenager, he doesn't have too much longer, before the harsh reality of adulthood hits him. Needs open his eyes a little, become responsible. Most places, child support isn't optional, non-payment is a crime. Tough for a young man just starting out in life as an adult.

For some yes, for me it was easy, i never had any trouble with the law, because for the most part i am smarter than they are so i dont do anything stupid.

Not having a teenage son of my own, but having been a teenage boy at one time, the only advice I could give would be to not give up on him and more importantly, teach him from the book of proverbs about wisdom.

It's got a ton to say on the topic. And its the easiest book of the bible to find. its in the middle.

Proverbs 11:29 "He who brings trouble on his family will inherit only the wind,.."

Praying for you both!

:) good thing it's not a phone like mine as I could easily track it which is why my. Phone was never taken away I would just log onto my computer and find it.

Lol, taking my phone wouldn't work on me either because I look at my phone maybe once in a blue moon. For me, it was always video games and TV that taken away, I used to be way more into video games than I am now. It was a pain because my dad would take them away for like a month at a time for really trivial things. :mad: Good thing I didn't have my metal detector as a kid, my dad might have gotten the bright idea to take that away too. :shock:

Lol, taking my phone wouldn't work on me either because I look at my phone maybe once in a blue moon. For me, it was always video games and TV that taken away, I used to be way more into video games than I am now. It was a pain because my dad would take them away for like a month at a time for really trivial things. :mad: Good thing I didn't have my metal detector as a kid, my dad might have gotten the bright idea to take that away too. :shock:

LOL yeah, i used to be a much larger gamer than i am now, i still stay up to date with games and such but really i dont play for more than a hour or 2 a week. And yeah that would suck to get your detectors taken. Every time we go to the beach its nerve wracking having like $2500 worth of detecting gear in the back of the car locked or not, makes me worry someones going to try and steal it. Also as to my phone if someone took it i would flip, i use it to do a lot of buisiness selling stuff on craigslist, i also text a lot.

Having now a 21 and 16 year old daughters I feel your pain. My oldest liked to sneak out, stay out past curfew with BS excuses and I finally caught her with her boyfriend who is now her husband, luckily no grandkids out of the deal and we are very conservative Christian parents. My 16 is the opposite, she's a mushroom and wont go outside so I guess im blessed there.

Only advise I can give is show how disappointed you are in his choice and repeat the rules but say little else. I found out it really bothers a kid if you ignore them when they want to talk or want something..act like they don't exist but for a short term. They get the point pretty quick. This came from a counselor that my youngest sees and it works. Kids have to learn its not all about them and your boy being 12 is a great age to use it on. Nip it in the bud before it blossoms into something you don't want.

Do your best and hope you don't wind up with a clone of me. I can't think of anything I didn't try and way to young for most of it. My cousin Cliff was leaving for Vietnam when he introduced me to things that would probably get deleted if I entered them here. But then again I ended up doing pretty good considering. We all do the best we can and hope the best for the people we love. There wasn't anything I wouldn't try and if it was available at the time I tried it. I wasn't quite old enough for Woodstock but would have fit right in. Don't be to strict it'll just push him farther away but from your post I can tell you already know that and just venting your frustration and trying to keep him from learning the hard way. Unfortunately we seem to have to inflict that pain on ourselves in order to learn and one day he'll look back and think the old man wasn't that stupid after all. .

I'm impressed that teenagers still do that sort of thing. Seems like most of them are so engaged in a virtual world that real social interactions are a thing of the past.

I know when I was his age I did the same thing except it was a hay fort out in the barn......... and we were lucky not to have ruined the next 18 years of our lives... if you know what I'm saying.

It does not sound like your son did anything real bad like drugs.. or gangs... or anything... but just something young teens have been doing since the beginning of time.

Nature will find a way to duplicate... and its your job to make sure your son is smarter than the little head. Punish him, but try to teach him at the same time............ and he sounds pretty normal to me.

"And they call it puppy looooovvveeeee" :roll:

Ooh boy, he's starting young, sorry Pops, looks like some interesting times ahead of you. You'll get through them though, one day you'll be able to look back on this and laugh... :yes:

I feel for you, I raised a boy who was pretty good and raised 3 girls also. The first one turned my hair gray, the second one made me lose my hair and the third one caused me to just bang my head against a brick wall! BUT these kids that stress us out and seem to make the most foolish decisions, eventually grow up to be nice people and do things that make a parent proud. All mine are grown and gone on to their own lives and although I did not think I would sometimes, I do miss them.
Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the long run.

Actually I have a son (Just turned 21) and I must admit, although he drove me crazy at times (still does once in a while), it was fun to see him do the same !!!! I did when I was growing up. Its called stages and eventually they mature and knock off all the gray hair causing mayhem they seem to think is "fun".

I will admit, he's been on his best behavior or at least really sneaky so as not to get caught since that incident. Even gone so far as to helping his Papaw clean out some brush from his yard for a coupel of days. May have to start slowly giving him back some of his privledges again. I do feel like a hypocrite punishing him for the same stuff I did but not going to let him know that.

We which included my brother and friends would sneak outside on a weekly basic especially during the summer months. I grew up in the 70's and lived about 25 miles from NYC when it was crazy and really fun. We drank too early and got in trouble a few times but we all had one thing in common which was playing sports year round. That kept us from the bad stuff like drugs and the gangs. We all went to college and have decent careers and now our kids are out of school. We always talk about how bad we were compared to our kids. I never hit my kids and they turned out really good but my dad had no problem smacking us when we got in trouble but we still continued to act up and for the record I never had an issue with my dad hitting us. It just never worked for us. Him threatening us with not playing sporting event did work.

Back
Top Bottom