Any have unexplainable experiences, supernatural?

nostalgia083

When I was around 14, I had a bunk bed and I slept on top. I woke, looked to my left. I saw a black face with fiery eyes, it's mouth open as if surprised I saw it. I couldn't move or anything. I wasn't afraid. Then I rolled over back to sleep after a moment.

You know, I never saw a ghost, UFO or big foot. I'm not the kind of guy that goes for a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Hell, I wish I had seen one of these phenomena. But, and it's a big but.
I had struggled with faith all my life. I'm quite academic. Evolution, big bang, particle physics etc. Fairly in depth studies. Just couldn't get to the point of faith in God or Jesus.
My wife attended a local church. Occasionally, I'd go with her, I knew some of the people there and it was very friendly and welcoming. Like 4 times a year. I was really trying to figure out "the meaning of life".
On one of these visits, as we sat there in a row of chairs, the pastor started his sermon. Shortly after he started, someone placed their hand on my right shoulder and squeezed it, quite firmly. So sound was this touch that I started to stand up thinking it was a late comer wanting to squeeze by me to an empty chair. As I started to stand, I turned to acknowledge their "request". To my utter disbelief, there was not a soul there. I quickly dropped back down to figure out what had just happened. As I sat, stunned and confused, the pastor, at that very moment said, "If you're struggling with faith, hear me now, if Jesus just reached down and touched your shoulder, He's telling you it's time". I literally started to tremble and I vowed to pray on what it meant. Mind you, I never prayed before.
A short time later, a church member requested to voice a "vision" she had just had. She said that it was clear as day, she saw a man sitting in a cell, struggling with faith. The cell door was open and Jesus stood outside the door, arms spread wide. Jesus then said to the man, "the door is open, all you have to do is walk thru to Me".
It was the most profound moment of my life. 6 months later I was baptized in Jesus Christ.

Very cool, Thank you for sharing your story flyguy. As they say, know what you know and let the rest go.

I've had a couple unexplained experiences while out detecting, and know of a couple of others that fellow detectorists have told me about. Usually I don't tell people about those experiences because, well, people will think I'm nuts...:lol:

Loved reading it Flyguy. I myself became a Christian in late 2003.

NectarDetector, yeah there will be some that think you're weird, but you know what you experienced. I know what I've experienced and wasn't in my head. There's plenty we'll never know and life may exist on this earth in a way we can't comprehend right now.

My oldest sister thought it was fun to mess with a Ouija board back in the 70's. Me and my other sister and my parents experienced some scary !!!! like you see on television for a bit. Including noises in the attic we never had before. We had to throw out everything my sister was messing with before the noises would stop. She quit messing with that stuff after our oven blew open one night when my parents weren't home and something blew the drapes around on the way out. The potheads she hung out with thought it was funny. Me and my middle sister never did:mad: Don't ever mess with that krap!

Back about thirty years ago. I and my brother were fishing in salmon river. It was around 2 in the morning. Sitting on a very small island waiting for fish to start moving on there spawning run. All the sudden my brother looked to me the same moment that I looked to him. Neither of us said a word as we both know we saw the same thing. Not saying what it was. As I do not believe in ghost, bigfoot Or any thing like that. But I know that we both saw something run across the water that is only inches deep quite fast. Neither of us moved from that island all that night.

One night about 15+ years ago I was startled awake. I could have sworn that someone was in my room but I live alone. For some reason I thought of my friends mother, Alice. The next day my Mom called and told me Alice passed away last night. To this day I feel like Alice stopped by to say goodbye. Now I can't say that I really believe in Ghosts, Bigfoot, ESP, or UFO's. I suppose I'd have to actually see a UFO or Bigfoot to say I believe, so I'm skeptical. What bothers me is that these stories persist ... sometimes for hundreds or thousands of years. You would think that if there was nothing to these stories that they would have faded away over time, yet they keep resurfacing. That being said, I remain skeptical but try to keep an open mind.

You know, I never saw a ghost, UFO or big foot. I'm not the kind of guy that goes for a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Hell, I wish I had seen one of these phenomena. But, and it's a big but.
I had struggled with faith all my life. I'm quite academic. Evolution, big bang, particle physics etc. Fairly in depth studies. Just couldn't get to the point of faith in God or Jesus.
My wife attended a local church. Occasionally, I'd go with her, I knew some of the people there and it was very friendly and welcoming. Like 4 times a year. I was really trying to figure out "the meaning of life".
On one of these visits, as we sat there in a row of chairs, the pastor started his sermon. Shortly after he started, someone placed their hand on my right shoulder and squeezed it, quite firmly. So sound was this touch that I started to stand up thinking it was a late comer wanting to squeeze by me to an empty chair. As I started to stand, I turned to acknowledge their "request". To my utter disbelief, there was not a soul there. I quickly dropped back down to figure out what had just happened. As I sat, stunned and confused, the pastor, at that very moment said, "If you're struggling with faith, hear me now, if Jesus just reached down and touched your shoulder, He's telling you it's time". I literally started to tremble and I vowed to pray on what it meant. Mind you, I never prayed before.
A short time later, a church member requested to voice a "vision" she had just had. She said that it was clear as day, she saw a man sitting in a cell, struggling with faith. The cell door was open and Jesus stood outside the door, arms spread wide. Jesus then said to the man, "the door is open, all you have to do is walk thru to Me".
It was the most profound moment of my life. 6 months later I was baptized in Jesus Christ.

What an awesome testimony! Thank you for sharing.

RD :coolman:

Reading this gave me goosebumps!!! The Lord works in mysterious ways!!!

We had a lot of things happen when I was a young boy. Most would call it poltergeist activity. But it was pretty scary.

My grandmother was into some pretty dark stuff and had used my father when he was a boy to help in some of her rituals. I remember seeing pentagrams and weird stuff in her room when we would visit. My dad insists that the poltergeist activity followed him because of his involvement.

I'll share one quick story. I was about 8 or 9 and the activity was happening all the time. It seemed to originate, oddly enough, from my older brother's room. He was even scared to sleep in there at night. Well, I was walking to the bathroom and was hearing this banging coming from his room. I walked to his bedroom door - he wasn't home at the time - and his football helmet was banging back and forth on his bed-post. His windows were shut and there was nothing, even thinking of it now, that could explain why this was happening. I remember his room felt icy cold, too. Well, I ran out of there and didn't go back into his room for several days.

So, I believe in the supernatural. Do I believe that everything reported is paranormal? Of course not. But I do believe in an afterlife; in heaven and hell. I've seen way too much to just dismiss it.

There's my two cents.

We had a lot of things happen when I was a young boy. Most would call it poltergeist activity. But it was pretty scary.

My grandmother was into some pretty dark stuff and had used my father when he was a boy to help in some of her rituals. I remember seeing pentagrams and weird stuff in her room when we would visit. My dad insists that the poltergeist activity followed him because of his involvement.

I'll share one quick story. I was about 8 or 9 and the activity was happening all the time. It seemed to originate, oddly enough, from my older brother's room. He was even scared to sleep in there at night. Well, I was walking to the bathroom and was hearing this banging coming from his room. I walked to his bedroom door - he wasn't home at the time - and his football helmet was banging back and forth on his bed-post. His windows were shut and there was nothing, even thinking of it now, that could explain why this was happening. I remember his room felt icy cold, too. Well, I ran out of there and didn't go back into his room for several days.

So, I believe in the supernatural. Do I believe that everything reported is paranormal? Of course not. But I do believe in an afterlife; in heaven and hell. I've seen way too much to just dismiss it.

There's my two cents.

Yeah my oldest sister was doing that stuff, trying to talk to the dead. I'm just glad it stopped since I still live in the same house I grew up in. When my middle sister comes to visit we still talk about those scary nights.

I knew a guy in school , weird guy , he was into that witch stuff , and another guy into Tarot cards and stuff . He wanted me to do that card thing to tell me my future , other people would do it and it seemed to be real , the way the cards fell and what it meant at the time . Just a little to freaky for me , that's just bordering on the Dark side , if I believed in the Dark side . I just didn't want to find out if there really was a Dark side . LOL

I've had a few experiences that I can't explain. Years ago my friends and I tried an ouija board, needless to say that was an unsettling experience.

The weirdest thing to come out of that was about a year or two later. We were hiking in the woods outside my friends house. Now they live in a very secluded area, long driveway far away from any roads etc. We sat on this bench they put on the hiking trail (absolutely nothing nearby) and 5 minutes later we hear the LOUDEST car horn come from what seemed like a few feet away. It literally blasted our ears! We hi-tailed it out of there after that.

In 1973, myself and two other guys were renting an old victorian house. One night I was the only one in the house. It was about 1 am and I was ready a book in bed and the house was very quiet with no radio or other appliance on whatsoever. All of a sudden I heard a loud sigh right in my bedroom! I was on my feet in no time and freaked out! I went through the house and found nothing. For several days I didn't sleep very well. nothing ever happened after that and I have never experienced anything since. And I don't want to either!

In 1973, myself and two other guys were renting an old victorian house. One night I was the only one in the house. It was about 1 am and I was ready a book in bed and the house was very quiet with no radio or other appliance on whatsoever. All of a sudden I heard a loud sigh right in my bedroom! I was on my feet in no time and freaked out! I went through the house and found nothing. For several days I didn't sleep very well. nothing ever happened after that and I have never experienced anything since. And I don't want to either!

Lol

funny and scary stuff

livin in my parents house i used to see a shadow figure in a top hat, my 20 year old neice is now seeing the very same thing. scary and funny:shock:

Back
Top Bottom