Wireless headphones for AT Pro

V95

Does anyone have advice for a great pair of wireless headphones for the AT Pro?

Thanks,
Bill

auvio 33-283 if you can find them (radio shack discontinued them last year) or the TDK wr 700

I did a lot of research on wireless headphones and found that everyone liked the TDK WR700, and I know someone who has them and likes them a lot. That being said, I now use an AT PRO and am well aware of the special headphone and coil plug. They do at least make a headphone adaptor cord. I would use the headphone adaptor with the TDK WR700 sender and put it all together in a small package and tape it to the AT PRO. Hey, maybe I should do that! Good idea dude!
John

I did a lot of research on wireless headphones and found that everyone liked the TDK WR700, and I know someone who has them and likes them a lot. That being said, I now use an AT PRO and am well aware of the special headphone and coil plug. They do at least make a headphone adaptor cord. I would use the headphone adaptor with the TDK WR700 sender and put it all together in a small package and tape it to the AT PRO. Hey, maybe I should do that! Good idea dude!
John

Yes, this is how it is done. I used the TDK WR700 and the adapter from the waterproof connection on the AT Pro to a regular headphone jack.
You will also NEED a cheap volume control in line between the AT Pro adapter and the wireless transmitter to the headphones. It's not so much that the volume needs control as it is needed to change the impedance so the external speaker on the Pro will shut off when headphones are in use.
Cheap volume control from Radio Shack does the trick.
Works great although the tones are slightly less pleasing than wired phones.

On a side note, I also have a set of Wired Grey Ghost waterproof headphones (with the waterproof AT Pro fitting) that I like very much.

John

or you can just make your own adaptor if you don't mind hacking your plug off the stock headphones, if ya do wanna use your stock headphones you can then always just fix them with a 1/4 male jack......when I first got my AT when they first came out I couldn't stand the stock headphones so I made my own adaptor......then a few months later Garrett came out with their own :roll:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=72471

Thanks for all the replies. Is there any delay in the signal transmission with the TDK WR 700's? I definitely don't want a delay and am willing to pay a premium to not have it. I have been unable to find the Auvios that everyone loves that don't have the delay.

If the TDKs do have a delay, would I be better off getting the Whites? Is it even possible to use the Whites with the AT Pro (I already have the adapter)?

Thanks,
Bill

Yes, this is how it is done. I used the TDK WR700 and the adapter from the waterproof connection on the AT Pro to a regular headphone jack.
You will also NEED a cheap volume control in line between the AT Pro adapter and the wireless transmitter to the headphones. It's not so much that the volume needs control as it is needed to change the impedance so the external speaker on the Pro will shut off when headphones are in use.
Cheap volume control from Radio Shack does the trick.
Works great although the tones are slightly less pleasing than wired phones.

On a side note, I also have a set of Wired Grey Ghost waterproof headphones (with the waterproof AT Pro fitting) that I like very much.

This is a good bit of info.. Is it like listening to a different machine?

Thanks for all the replies. Is there any delay in the signal transmission with the TDK WR 700's? I definitely don't want a delay and am willing to pay a premium to not have it. I have been unable to find the Auvios that everyone loves that don't have the delay.

If the TDKs do have a delay, would I be better off getting the Whites? Is it even possible to use the Whites with the AT Pro (I already have the adapter)?

Thanks,
Bill

the TDK's also run on 2.4 ghz just like the auvio's so there shouldn't be any delay, I also haven't heard anyone that owns the TDK's say there was any delay....if my auvio's ever fail the TDK's will be my next pair

Back
Top Bottom