Kick the ball under the fence

Ricki7

Forum Supporter
My daughter plays varsity Softball , because of the early bad weather days ,we had to play 4 games in a row . Our third game was the first actual league game , which counts for the season record . We were up 4-2 in the 5th against a team that had beat us year after year . Runner on second a line drive to left center fence my daughter playing CF is first to the ball and has a good arm . As she picks up the ball her hand touchs the fence and she has to readjust her arm to throw. The third base coach sends the runner , throw is late runner scores . As the inning ends a parent / travel coach , has a word with my daughter . Tells her next time raise your hand and give it a little kick to get it all the way under. We ended up losing in overtime the 8th inning . After she got home I asked what the conversation was about and agreed with the other parent that could have been the difference in the rally getting started.
OK I WOKE UP THIS MORNING and stopped her on the way to school and said SORRY I was caught up in the moment THATS NOT HOW WE PLAY THE GAME. I got the BIGGEST HUG and she said thanks DAD ,that was really starting to bother me. That went against everything you have been telling me .
PROUD DAD MOMENT !!!

It's hard not to get caught up in the emotions when our kids are playing! Sounds like your daughter has a good grasp on true sportsmanship, and that's a great trait in this "in it to win it" world. She must have learned that from you... :yes: And it also seems she got a lesson in admitting it when we're wrong, that ability is also another great trait, so Good job Dad!

I would have grounded her for a month for not thinking of that on her own and causing the team to lose the game.....

:lol: Just kidding man! Congrats to you for backing her up and correcting your self. It sure isn't easy being a parent these days but it's moments like that that make it all worth while!

Sometimes , as we want the very best for our kids , it is actually them that keeps us honest . Sounds like you've done a great job with your daughter . Congrats .

Thanks All , We have to practice what we preach.

Coin Chaser I thought a grounding for a month was a little harsh being that we still had plenty of time to pull out a win .

So I only grounded her for 2 weeks . :lol:
HH

My daughter plays J.O club volleyball year round and her coach has them tell the ref if they touch the ball and it goes out is the line judge don't call it. Many times the chair judge looks at them like really you are saying you touched it even thought the floor ref said no touch? They girls say yes I touched it their point and sever. Many people are in total awe. They have lost a game or two this way but the respect this team gets is amazing

Back
Top Bottom