• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Any have unexplainable experiences, supernatural?

Ok, I haven't told you guys this one yet but it freaked me out bad enough that I couldn't concentrate anymore and had to leave a hunt. It was a dark and stormy night about 3-4 mo. ago, I was hunting behind our local grade school up close to the building so I could see a little better. The wind was steadily howling and the rain was to move in an hr. later so I figured I would take advantage of what little light I had coming from the dim lights on the side of the building. I wasn't coming up with much, a quarter here, dime there and of course my zincs ;) Next thing you know I hit a REAL LOUD tone and a +97 on the F2 and it was so solid it sounded like it was on top but the F2 said 1" deep so I cut a little plug and went in with the cheap Chinese pointer I had at the time.......Nothing! I stood and rescanned, nothing again! :mad: I mumbled to myself "Ghost signal?" and went back in with the pointer to double check. My pointer then beeped solid and I pulled out an old square looking nail but it was shorter than the ones I had seen used for home construction back in the day. I looked at it for a second trying to adjust my vision a little and said "Horse shoe nail?" It was at that second I heard a horse snort, as plain as day, to my right, like right in my ear, just out of my peripheral vision. I dropped the nail and pointer, spun and grabbed my digger at the same time just out of instinct I guess. :roll: I was gonna jack a horse with my digger if I had too! :laughing: There was NOTHING OR NO ONE there at all. Me, on my knees, white as a sheet, heart racing. At first I told myself it was just the wind but it was just WAY to pronounced and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I told my gf that night and she reminded me that the horse stables at the fairgrounds are behind the grade school. Yes, yes they are......1/4 mile away in the direction the wind was blowing 40mph.......Nope, not buying it. A horse naying I may have heard lightly thru my ear phones but I doubt it. A horse snorting from 1/4 mile away......IMPOSSIBLE! :shock:

You know, I never saw a ghost, UFO or big foot. I'm not the kind of guy that goes for a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Hell, I wish I had seen one of these phenomena. But, and it's a big but.
I had struggled with faith all my life. I'm quite academic. Evolution, big bang, particle physics etc. Fairly in depth studies. Just couldn't get to the point of faith in God or Jesus.
My wife attended a local church. Occasionally, I'd go with her, I knew some of the people there and it was very friendly and welcoming. Like 4 times a year. I was really trying to figure out "the meaning of life".
On one of these visits, as we sat there in a row of chairs, the pastor started his sermon. Shortly after he started, someone placed their hand on my right shoulder and squeezed it, quite firmly. So sound was this touch that I started to stand up thinking it was a late comer wanting to squeeze by me to an empty chair. As I started to stand, I turned to acknowledge their "request". To my utter disbelief, there was not a soul there. I quickly dropped back down to figure out what had just happened. As I sat, stunned and confused, the pastor, at that very moment said, "If you're struggling with faith, hear me now, if Jesus just reached down and touched your shoulder, He's telling you it's time". I literally started to tremble and I vowed to pray on what it meant. Mind you, I never prayed before.
A short time later, a church member requested to voice a "vision" she had just had. She said that it was clear as day, she saw a man sitting in a cell, struggling with faith. The cell door was open and Jesus stood outside the door, arms spread wide. Jesus then said to the man, "the door is open, all you have to do is walk thru to Me".
It was the most profound moment of my life. 6 months later I was baptized in Jesus Christ.

Can anyone explain all the evil and carnage in the world??

My last duty station in the Navy was in Guflport Miss. My wife, one year old son and myself rented an old house from a very nice old lady that lived in an apartment above the garage in back. Now envision the layout of the house. A square with an X for dividing walls in the middle of the square. In other words the living room, then through a doorway to the dinning room, a hallway, then our bedroom. There were street lights outside, and even with the shades drawn it was still very light inside of the house. The floors were either bare wood, or vinyl covered. we had retired for the night and around 1:00 am I was awakened by the sound of a dogs nails clattering on the bare floors and running in the living room. It then went into the dining room, down the hall, and then there was the feeling of a large dog jumping on the bed, then the sound of it hitting the floor and going back into the living room.I saw nothing! By this time my wife was awake and holding on to me. I was wide awake when we felt what ever it was hit the bed. A few seconds later every dog in the neighborhood started to howl. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night and either could the wife. Next day I told the landlady what had happened and she went white. She told me her son and his wife couldn't have children and had a Boxer for their pet. When they would play with the dog it would run through the house in the same manner as what we described. This never happened again thank god, but I sure was glad when my time was up in the service and we could come home. I loved all the stories I have read here. Great reading.;)

My brother-in-law ( he passed away still being young ,on cancer) was a person who didn't believe particularly in ghosts.
He went with others during a hunting
tour invited to a ranch where everyone said the place was hunted.
That day, he told me some years later, he felt as if a hand pressed his right
shoulder firmly.Thinking there was someone behind him,he turned around but there was nobody there! :shock:

i want to!

I grew up next to the Gettysburg battlefield. as kids we would sneak out a scare the !!!! out of people parking. lol. afterword's we would camp out on the rocks at devils den and round top.... they only had 2 park rangers back then. we were always in hope of seeing something...(nothing)! now I live in a house built in 1860 beside the Cashtown Inn. Lee and others stopped here on their way to Gettysburg. The Cashtown Inn's basement was a hospital. they claim they had human limbs stacked outside up past the windows. on certain nights while out by the fire ring you get a feeling your being watched.... but I right that off as my nosey neighbor lady.

Well, the Lord pulled me, a helpless sinner, from the path of destruction and gave his only, perfect, son to die in my place.

The night of January 27th, 1986, I was pretty sick with a high fever. My mom had already planned on me staying home from school the next day. That night I had a bizarre dream the Space Shuttle blew up.

The next morning, it did. Still creeps me out.

First off, I don't believe in ghosts, and never have seen anything I thought might be one, at least not the way people normally think of them, but I do believe we are all spirits living in physical bodies, and I do believe that our spirits go on after our bodies stop working. I also don't believe that most of these events are in any way "supernatural" either, I think they're natural, as natural as having instincts, or breathing.

Having said all that, I had experience with some of this, never "ghosts or UFOs," but here is one of those situations that happened and that I can't explain.

My husband and I were cleaning up my family's old gravesites in a nearby cemetery. They had sat unattended except for the cemetery mowing for many years, as no family lived in this area until we moved back here ourselves.

My Grandpa had taken me to the cemetery there in the 1970s to show me the new grave marker he had put in for his mother, who died in 1919 when he was a young boy. He told me that he and his father had built the concrete curb around the family's plots after his mother died, and that his father etched her name into the curb to mark her grave. They were very, very poor... Grandpa looked for her name that day but couldn't find it. There are 8 other family members buried in the same plot, and only three of them had any markers at all.

While cleaning things up, we cut the bermuda grass away from the curb as it was grown all up and over the concrete. With that gone, we found my Great Grandma's name in the curb just as Grandpa told me it was. We discovered that the grave marker Grandpa had put on the grave was in the wrong spot, halfway down the plot from where she was actually buried. We got the stone up and relocated it on her grave, finished cleaning things up and putting flowers on all of the graves, and went down to a little spring by the cemetery to wash off some of the dirt as we were by then pretty dusted up.

I got down and put my hands in the spring to wash them, and felt a very gentle but definite push on my back, in the exact spot I have a surgery scar. I thought my husband was messing with me, and turned to look, but he was sitting on a rock 10' away washing his own hands....

Can't explain it, didn't scare me, but I kind of got the feeling that maybe it was their way of letting me know they approved of us taking care of their resting places.

Took this picture in Gettysburg early one morning at a house I know had no one in it but still got photo of someone in window Love Gettysburg.
Mr G,s ice cream shop! the gift shop out back was a bicycle shop growing up in the 60's and 70's.

In the late 1960's I went to a hunting tour with my cousin.I stepped into the
truck when after awhile I noticed my hunting knife was missed I said to my
cousin : Stop please - I lost my knife !
I went running back the road to the place where I thought I crossed the
barbed wire ... and there it was ! - my knife right vertical on the grass ...
just beside a cross :shock: The place where someone died - not a grave,
but something like marked spot to an accident long time ago...
creepy indeed :roll:

There has been plenty of strange and unexplainable events in my life. Perhaps the most helpless I've ever felt was a late night at a farm on the gulf coast.

The old house sat on 30 acres of hay with a bit over an acre garden, on Caney Creek. From the gate there was a quarter mile gravel road that led to the house. It had 21 windows around three sides allowing a 180 degree view. The bedroom had a window in the side wall and a window in the back. The bath had a small window in the back.

At certain times of the year, just before dusk, you could stand out near the cornfield and hear Indians singing. It was calming. Never got louder or softer no matter what direction you moved in. It was just there. Not surprising it occurred near what was supposed to be an old Indian prayer circle.

It wasn't the wind, or garbled radio signals in my hearing aides, or overhead power lines. I could hear it without hearing aides. Visitors ask what they were hearing. There was times late at night, the same singing could be heard as if the Indians were outside the back wall of the bedroom.

One weekend I picked up an old iron bed frame at a garage sale and changed out the bed. That night things got truly strange.

Around 2AM, I woke feeling there was somebody on the other side of the wall in the house. Wondered if I had locked the door. Rolled onto my back thinking to lay still and see what this character wants. Then it seemed they had heard me because there was a pause.

The room got cold. My body froze. Tried to move an arm. Nothing. Tried to sit up. Nothing. Tried the feet. Still nothing. Couldn't slither or fall off the bed.

And out of the corner of my eye I could make out a figure come through the doorway. No physical features. It appeared to be nothing but an outlined, darker than night, shape. Couldn't raise my head, tilt my head, or turn my head.

All I could do is watch as it came in, and knew when it sat down on the foot of the bed. I felt the mattress sink. Couldn't move my left leg but felt the foot sink with the depression.

At that point all fear was gone. I was curious and concerned why my body would not respond. And I was trying. Time had stopped.

Suddenly the mattress returned to normal and the outline passed out through the doorway. And I could move again.

I sat up, went into the dayroom, checked the door which was locked, and stared out at the clear night sky, trying to make sense of it all.

The next day I went back to the woman who sold the bed.

She said it sounded like her husband's mom, who a heavyset woman. His dad had been bedridden the last year of his life and his mom would sit at the foot of the bed and massage his feet. The mom herself had died in that bed.

I kept the bed, but never had anything like that happen again.

Several years ago I was home alone and I was just about to walk down the hallway when a little girl in an old style dress (Victorian era?) appeared about three feet in front of me. She was completely white, waist high and was looking at me. When I blinked she was gone. I had just watched a creepy show about something so I might have been hallucinating though. There is a farmhouse from the 1800s a couple doors down from where I live.

I've had several unexplainable things happen the house I now live in not that old built in the early 90s once in a while our dogs hair will stand up she starts growling looking down the basement stairs.
The only thing I can say is strange about the basement is that I scuba dive and my dive tanks are down there and once in a while I'll hear hissing and go down and one of my tank valves is cranked open and I have to stop by and have them topped off so whatever's doing it I wish it'd stop.
I also grew up in a family with an Irish Catholic Mother who was very superstitious not sure if it goes with the religion or her upbringing but after years some of it wears off on you.
As superstitions go I'm not sure what a bird flying in the house means but one came down the chimney once and was in the house she split and for a while wasn't sure if she'd come back in and what ever you'd do never rock a rocking chair in front of her with no one in it.
Now I'm going to have to look them up and see if I can find anything on the subject.

Have a family member who moved into an old house only to have to put with a mischievous entity of the mostly irritating and prankster kind. Years of this nonsense with all the cabinets and draws opening and lan line phones ringing that aren't plugged in. She and her husband got used to it and when he took ill he promised to deal with it for her if he died. Well he did die and sure enough it stopped. Now you have to wonder if he wasn't the one doing it LOL.

Scariest thing ever happened today!

Asked a nurse to have lunch with me!

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER do that when you are connected to the blood pressure machine! She can tell how nervous you are and see your heart rate climb like a missile!

At 100 she said yes. (I think she was afraid I would die on her.)

Scariest thing ever happened today!

Asked a nurse to have lunch with me!

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER do that when you are connected to the blood pressure machine! She can tell how nervous you are and see your heart rate climb like a missile!

At 100 she said yes. (I think she was afraid I would die on her.)

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom