Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 01-30-2018, 05:43 PM
Elite Member

Default Shorter Length - Compadre

Hmmm, ok,, so I know I can slide the poles together using existing holes... but, still a bit too long for my grandson to use... he does manage, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make the Tesoro Compadre even shorter? The little guy is only three, but loves hunting with me, and believe it or not, has swung that Compadre and actually, kind of "gets it", lol. has surprised me over and over with a beep and find. yes, I do the digging, lol, but he gets it. Even steps on the plug when we are done (along with myself, lol).

Anyways, would love to make the Compadre an even better fit for him.

Thanks!!!

XP DEUS, Tesoros: Compadre, Silver uMax, Bandido ii uMax & CSC, Vaquero, Cortes, Conquistador uMax II, Golden uMax & Mojave. Fishers: F2 w/11" coil, F70 w/11DD, F19. - PinPointers: Propointer, Xpointer, TRX, GPP AT, DEUS MI-6 - Diggers: Lesche, or Whites Digmaster

Last edited by AZWIP; 02-01-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Elite Member

I made a quick sling for my boy to throw over his shoulder and then the length wasn’t as much of a issue when it was held up by his body.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Supporter

Just omit the center section of the shaft.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Elite Member

Default Cool

Hmmm, some good ideas... I'll check into these... both sound good... thanks folks!

XP DEUS, Tesoros: Compadre, Silver uMax, Bandido ii uMax & CSC, Vaquero, Cortes, Conquistador uMax II, Golden uMax & Mojave. Fishers: F2 w/11" coil, F70 w/11DD, F19. - PinPointers: Propointer, Xpointer, TRX, GPP AT, DEUS MI-6 - Diggers: Lesche, or Whites Digmaster

Old 02-07-2018, 12:12 AM
Supporter

I had a second compadre. My grandson is small for his age. I took the bottom shaft off and cut it in half. Than I drilled holes in it for the spring clip. Just the right size. I know that if he ever gets bigger , I will have to call Tesoro for a new rod. But, for now, he is a happy camper...

KEN

KEN