A little hunt yesterday (some thing to share) Deus

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
It has been raining cats and dogs here for the last 2 weeks.
The ground is purely rotten.

Like over a ft of rain and likely 8" in the last week.

Decided to hunt his new permission up the road just a little ways from me.
I had been in the site a little before this land changed hands owner wise with Etrac and 10x12 sef coil. Didn't spend much time as the site was rough as a cob with weeds, trees, etc.

Well the site hasn't changed much, does have one small part cut out with a mower.
And the new land owner told me to have at it.
Dropped the Impact with smallest coil in and nailed a 35 wheat.
This site, what I could access is covered in iron.

Decided to fire up Deus with 9" coil, and got a good hit, even checked using 8khz non normalized and the I.D was still high.

Started digging, and shoved my pinpointer in the ground and the ground literally collapsed and my pinpointer went past the hub.

I tried to detect my suspect find with Deus, and the target was dicey giving off actually iron tone.
I know what I heard, so just kept digging, and out jumps a medium sized clock gear.

Some folks might just have give up on this target.
Granted it wouldn't a coin, but could have been.

Thought Inwould share.

Having confidence with your detector can be the difference between making a find and walking.

I have before getting up to snuff with Deus, yep have pulled out a deeper nail and just about started closing up the hole, but with a little more time and work, the coin would be found.

I guess the moral of the story here.
If you get a consistent nonferrous tone,,,and start recovery, stay with your mission, don't abort until your depth of digging gets literally out of reasonable range of your detector.
Those bigger coins like halves though can be deep and be detected.
And when you are accustomed to digging dimes you might get surprised when digging deeper.

I have even using Deus lost a target,meaning no detection with pointer or detector, and purposely covered up the hole, then Deus would once again detect, then reopen the hole and make recovery.

Those fbs units may not even pick up such a find with the hole covered like Deus does,,,be mindful of this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom