fresh water creek/land unit

backwater

I want something i can take in my canoe to wade and hunt stream banks too. Maybe take along on my extended work trips to hunt around motels and other land spots. I have a couple Tesoro land units but afraid of drowning them. I think Tesoro tiger shark and garrett AT pro would be good choice's, any others in same price range? AT PRO is lighter and takes less batteries so leaning that way so far. But figure somebody here would know of more options, THANK YOU All, i like this forum.

I would recommend the Tesoro Tiger Shark it is IMHO the best freshwater machine out there. It is built like a tank and will always perform great. The AT Pro is not built as stout as the Tiger and I did not like using it in the water at all. I have owned two Tigers over the years and if I had to replace it today I would buy another Tiger ASAP.

Id look at the AT Pro and the Whites MX Sport. Messed with the Sport a little bit and seems to be good since all the updates.

AT-Pro Great Detector

I want something i can take in my canoe to wade and hunt stream banks too. Maybe take along on my extended work trips to hunt around motels and other land spots. I have a couple Tesoro land units but afraid of drowning them. I think Tesoro tiger shark and garrett AT pro would be good choice's, any others in same price range? AT PRO is lighter and takes less batteries so leaning that way so far. But figure somebody here would know of more options, THANK YOU All, i like this forum.

The AT-Pro is the top selling Detector in the US for a reason, very user friendly.
light weight, great customer service.
Running specials on the AT-Pro give me a call
dennis

Tiger Shark can always be used with control box hip-mounted to lighten things up. The two Tesoro water detectors are built and sealed to withstand diving, so you won't drown 'em. Since you already know Tesoro's land units, why not the Tiger?
I recently bought a Tiger but haven't taken it out yet. Hopefully soon. I have tried it on a nickel buried 10" in gravel/sand, and the Tiger (w/8" coil) does hit it.

The Tiger Shark is very easy to use for hours on end with a straight shaft mod. I built this shaft for around twenty bucks and I swing it all day long. The stock set up is not easy to use. It will slide through the water better than most detectors I have used.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 272
I've held them both, and tested them on gold..

I'm still running my ATP...

<°)))>{

The Tiger Shark is very easy to use for hours on end with a straight shaft mod. I built this shaft for around twenty bucks and I swing it all day long. The stock set up is not easy to use. It will slide through the water better than most detectors I have used.

I like it Charlie very nice.

Grab yourself a used Ace & a Amulet Waterproof Case

Should only be around $300 all up -

Attachments

• Connies 219.jpg
    Connies 219.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 196
if the tesoro has a lifetime warranty i would get that in a heartbeat. my father has an older tiger shark and loves it so much he uses it on land too

Back
Top Bottom