Ready to buy V3i Etrac or Deus

DiggerDanbo

After months of research I have come to the point of no return! Which one? Mostly beach hunting to start because I live there. Eventually I will move inland at times. So best of all worlds is what I am leaning to. I am tech savvy and have read the manuals! There is a White's dealer down the road and is offering me the V3i for $1224!:laughing::detector:

I've owned all 3 of those but never done any beach hunting. Will you be getting IN the water? If so, may be a better idea to look into something completely waterproof like the CTX 3030.

Probably all good machines,you need to look at the features you would most use,depth is really over rated when looking for a new machine.I think features that would make your time more enjoyable is what counts.
With that said,I've never owned a v3i,but that high def colored screen is second to none ,top shelf display.

I have hunted salt water beach both wet and dry with my V3i and it does a great job. You don't mention what beaches you will be hunting. My experience has been on the Texas coast where iron and black sand is not an issue. At Padre Island it runs super quiet with good depth.

I had a V3i for several years, have since sold it. Went to an Etrac, then a CTX. While the V3i screen was FANTASTIC and the wireless headphones were GREAT the change to Minelab, FOR ME, was a much better fit performance wise. Screen is better than an Etrac but way off from the V3i.
I hunted (with the V3i) along side a friend with an Etrac for quite awhile, after comparison on the same targets I went to the Etrac and now have the CTX.
I feel I gave the V3i a very fair use (3 years) but overall I have to say - FOR ME - the CTX is much better.
Again, I am saying FOR ME, others may have had the opposite experience.

I am currently selling the Etrac and also a TDI to get the Deus as it appears to do better in iron. I'm hunting a site with a lot of iron & silver- see the posts below. The CTX is constantly nulling in the bottom right corner but occasionally the silver pops out. As you can see from the posts it is doing very well in high iron.

Unfortunately the best suggestion is go start with one or the other then try the other. Depends on your ground, type of swinging, how much you want to adjust in the field etc. I have bought many detectors to try them out, if it didn't "fit" with me I sold it and tried another. Not sure where you are located but maybe someone nearby will let you try theirs out.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248098
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=246518

If your hunting beaches you will eventually want to get into the water. For not much more than that you could score a ctx from a sponsor.

CTX 3030 water proof

After months of research I have come to the point of no return! Which one? Mostly beach hunting to start because I live there. Eventually I will move inland at times. So best of all worlds is what I am leaning to. I am tech savvy and have read the manuals! There is a White's dealer down the road and is offering me the V3i for $1224!:laughing::detector:

I agree with Rattlehead,
The v3I is a great Detector,
but when you go into wet sand or close to the water you will see other detectorist in 2-4 feet of water detecting for the good stuff. The Minelab CTX is the way to go water proof up to 10 feet. If a wave comes in and hits your V3I detector display box, its going to be a problem.

Any questions please call
dennis

Minelab E-Trac $900

An offer I could not turn down. Bought and delivered 2 weeks ago! I finally took it out for a test run this morning. Man it was hot out there. :digginahole:

An offer I could not turn down. Bought and delivered 2 weeks ago! I finally took it out for a test run this morning. Man it was hot out there. :digginahole:

Congrats on the new machine!

As you get out more, you may start wondering about coils. Fortunately, you bought an FBS machines where there is a ton of aftermarket new and used coils available. Start watching the Forum's accessory classifieds and try to snag a big beach coil. On the big beaches, you'll cover ground quicker and get substantially more depth!

Congrats on the Etrac,very good machine! Be sure to post your silver finds,and one thing I noticed when I owned a Etrac,they hit very deep and hard on nickels.

Ctx3030

Would be the option, sorry to empty out your pockets a little deeper, but its your only option from beach to land and back bro., happy CTX3030 hunting, also you want all three coils, total your looking about 2800.00 clams , cya , Earl

Back
Top Bottom