Web design questions... again

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So...

I am trying to get opinions on web design ideas. I am looking to build something for a local metal detecting group that's just starting up and I am trying to find out what the best way to do that is.

I was thinking a small forum and a static website with image gallery. But the more I thought about it, it needs to be more interactive. I do not want to use Facebook or the like as the main club page because it's limited to what you can do. However, I would like to implement a facebook page in later. So I may not need to have an image gallery on the site itself.

Anyone have any opinions or ideas? Wordpress? Building from scratch?

Thanks for any advice!

I' not sure on design, but i'd keep it simple to start. And i agree with your non-facebook approach, not everyone uses it...

Any idea on what the platform should be? Wordpress is a CMS, and really requires some work to get it functional, and the "user" aspect of it isn't so friendly. I was thinking going back to HTML/CSS style page with small forum. Really, just something low maintenance is all that it is needed. Won't be tons of updates that I am aware of at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom