F70 takes a walk in the park

pescadore

Elite Member
I received my permit to metal detect in some San Antonio parks and today was my first outing. The regulations in the parks are very restrictive and you are not allowed any digging tools. When I asked what was considered a digging tool the answer I received was very vague. I took a tool I bought from Walmart that was a forked instrument made to pull car door panels. Finds were limited and the park was extremely trashy. The 10 inch elliptical worked well even in the trash because the F70 has a very fast processor. Finds were all 4 inches or less deep.
3 Q
3 D
1N
9 P
Tiny charm of some kind with a clear stone. It appears to be filled with a resin of some kind and not sure what it's made of.
The F70 is very sensitive to small targets.
1854a2e56eeb85f452ac0791b16d9cb5.jpg
9f5688b07f909cdbf2233475f54a6cd2.jpg
5674fa0a16b8030eba2084c9ac53b48f.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Just before this season ended I started using the Mud Puppy clad stabbing technique, popping shallow clad with a screwdriver and was starting to get pretty good at it. This may be a good option in your park, in my opinion it's faster than cutting a plug.

Just before this season ended I started using the Mud Puppy clad stabbing technique, popping shallow clad with a screwdriver and was starting to get pretty good at it. This may be a good option in your park, in my opinion it's faster than cutting a plug.
I'll have to check it out.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I'm in San Antonio also. Will be getting back into detecting soon. I'm lookin into the permit now.
You ought to come to the MDing club meeting on Feb 8. Be sure and list 20 parks on the permit because you have to file a new one to change it. Also the club recommends 4 parks that they want their members to include in their list for club hunts. I can pm the parks when I get home if you want me to. What side of SA do you live on.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom