• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

9v Battery Storage: What do you use?

Diggum

Elite Member
I keep a couple of spare 9v batteries in my pack. I've been using a blister pack in which two batteries were previously packed. This worked pretty well, but the pack is breaking down. Since I don't want to cause any premature drain on my spares, I'd like to know what options there are for long-term storage. What do you use that works well at preventing them from moving around and keeping them clean? I don't seem to have any spare film canisters, so that's not a good option for me. No pill bottles big enough, either...

I keep a couple of spare 9v batteries in my pack. I've been using a blister pack in which two batteries were previously packed. This worked pretty well, but the pack is breaking down. Since I don't want to cause any premature drain on my spares, I'd like to know what options there are for long-term storage. What do you use that works well at preventing them from moving around and keeping them clean? I don't seem to have any spare film canisters, so that's not a good option for me. No pill bottles big enough, either...

i only carry one spare 9v for my pointer(cant use more than 1 extra in 1 day anyway), but i have a pill bottle thats just big enough for one bat. and i wrap it in a piece of paper towel to stop it from movin around in it

I've tucked them into an old bicycle tube that was for 1.25-5 tires I think it was. Just snipped some a bit long - tuck the battery in and maybe have 1/2" overhang on both ends. That then goes into an old altoids like tin which fits into an old mil surplus medical pouch that hangs off my tool belt.

I guess if you had a mountain bike tube you might be able to get away with stretching over the battery the other way and covering the terminals

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 388
Take your batteries to pharmacy and have them show you the pill bottles they have, should be no problem for you or the druggist. Put a cotton ball or 3 or 4 in with them. If you get / find a rare coin, you have the cotton balls to help protect it while your jumping up & down:D
p.s. double AA would work the same way.

I don't carry them at all but I'm going to start. I've had both my detector and ProPointer die in the middle of a hunt before when I didn't have batteries with me. Btw, what do you carry your AAs in?

I don't carry them at all but I'm going to start. I've had both my detector and ProPointer die in the middle of a hunt before when I didn't have batteries with me. Btw, what do you carry your AAs in?

i only bring aa's with me when im down to one bat. bar on my detector...but i know from experience that i can get a good hunt on 1 bar...ive useed my atp for like 3 hrs on 1 bar

I'm using an AT Pro, so I ordered a couple of extra battery holders, like go in the machine, and I keep a battery holder, loaded with four fresh battery's, rolled up in a zip lock sandwich bag.

I'm using an AT Pro, so I ordered a couple of extra battery holders, like go in the machine, and I keep a battery holder, loaded with four fresh battery's, rolled up in a zip lock sandwich bag.

Smart idea Reef Runner. I also have an AT Pro and that's a great idea. Too bad I'll have to wait to order. Maybe next year when I pick up a 5x8 coil. :grin:

Smart idea Reef Runner. I also have an AT Pro and that's a great idea. Too bad I'll have to wait to order. Maybe next year when I pick up a 5x8 coil. :grin:

You definitely need to get that 5x8. Since I got mine, I've never switched back to the 8.5x11, and that seems to be the same with the guys that I hunt with. Nobody has ever gone back :yes:

I carry my spares in these, got them free with my rechargables.
aa-aaa-cl-open_250x188.jpg
1020-UF9VOLT-9V1_250x188.jpg

Buy a two pack at the store and don't open it till needed. I am assuming you use two at a time. You can cut the excess paper off around the plastic bubble :crazy:

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 300
Back
Top Bottom