• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

More Book of Face goodness

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Facebook was in talks with top hospitals and other medical groups as recently as last month about a proposal to share data about the social networks of their most vulnerable patients.

The idea was to build profiles of people that included their medical conditions, information that health systems have, as well as social and economic factors gleaned from Facebook.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/05...ed-data-sharing-agreement-with-hospitals.html

B-bbbbbbbut I get likes and stuff there, and have 1200 "friends" I've never met :?:

On a different board I visit, one of the respondents said something about Facebook, but he spelled it, (appropriately), Fecebook.

Roger

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nothing to see here folks.......

Looks like Zuck wiped his server with, like a rag or something :laughing:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...book-secretly-deleting-ceos-private-messages/

Three sources claim old Facebook messages from Zuckerberg have disappeared from their inbox. The recipients were not notified – raising concerns about what the Facebook CEO could be hiding. Facebook claims the change was made after the 2014 Sony Pictures hack, when a mass data breach at the movie studio resulted in embarrassing email histories being leaked.

However, the lack of disclosure has angered some users, along with the absence of a similar tool to recall messages for normal users.An email receipt of a message from 2010 seen by TechCrunch proves some messages from the Facebook CEO no longer appear in chat logs or Facebook files.The removal of these messages was not disclosed publicly and users were not informed.

The fact the company is prepared to make exceptions makes a mockery of its statement that it wants to ‘make the world more open and transparent’, say experts.Facebook claimed these messages were deleted due to concerns about corporate security.

The thing is......'they' got us profiled and know us better than we know ourselves...but even if they wanted to, can they catch us? are we worth the effort? and what then?

Similar to a 'Detectorist' thought process I imagine?! Hit a location, slam after the low hanging easy fruit shallow freshdrops in the primary drop zones, Highgrade Q's, maximize the squeeze, snatch up the G's and dont worry about the pulltabs and pennies...at least not for now, disc them out.....

So yeah...all off us have a BIG coil overhead, watching our every move and evaluating the ROI...what a guy has to do to survive in place un bothered and unnoticed is send off a junk signal!...run out the clock...be small and quiet and of no great value to anybody...situate yourself on edge, under a sidewalk or near big junk...Understand the calibration parameters! Do not send off a traditional flat high ping signal!....mask yourself...Hide in the World of Junk with pulltabs, slaw, and pennies! We know this!...You know what I had for breakfast? Wanna see my cats or some pics of my Grandkids?:laughing:

Last edited:
They don't have a thing on me, matter of fact I tell my sister not to mention me there, and turn-off the geotagging on her phone if she takes any pics here.

Plus I keep lots of aluminum foil on hand, lots.....LOTS :laughing:

I guess you can now have your privacy on the Book of Face, you'll just have to pay for it :lol:

Facebook users should expect to pay for privacy, Sandberg says

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/04...ect-to-pay-for-privacy-sandberg-says.amp.html

Facebook’s second in command Sheryl Sandberg said Friday that users wanting to opt out of having their data used by advertisers will have to pay for that assurance.

No, no, no! It's supposed to be tin foil, not aluminum foil.

Roger

I've been compromised :shock::shock::shock:

:hide:

How does that jive with the HIPAA laws? Heck, when I'm in the hospital I have to give even my closest relatives a privacy code so they can get info on me. :?:

I don't sign-up for those sites, so I wouldn't have a clue. LOL, matter of fact, this is the only site I'm a member of.

How does that jive with the HIPAA laws? Heck, when I'm in the hospital I have to give even my closest relatives a privacy code so they can get info on me. :?:

DOGGONE good question, Glasshopper. What I don't know about HIPAA is whether health insurance companies are required to follow them. They do have to get the info to pay the claim, but are they required to keep the info confidential?

Roger

DOGGONE good question, Glasshopper. What I don't know about HIPAA is whether health insurance companies are required to follow them. They do have to get the info to pay the claim, but are they required to keep the info confidential?

Roger

I sure would think so. Maybe someone in the biz can enlighten us.

Well, I think we're all old enough here to realize that if you have enough money, you're able to get whatever you want, as well as play by a different set of rules.

Zuck is of the elite class, and no doubt rubs elbows on a frequent basis with others such as those in the medical and lawmaking profession. Toss around enough cash ad favors, you'll get what you're after.

This FB "inquiry" they're claiming will be taking place is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Look and all the rich and famous who've got their teet caught in the wringer, only to get off with a "stern warning". Every time, we think we're going to see justice served finally.

Maybe next time :roll:

ETA: Saw this posted elsewhere. Again, I know nothing of B of F, Twitter, etc... just saw this posted as an option.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon_(software)

The Wife has a FB page...She clicked on an 'RV for sale' on a local site and has now been getting bombarded with RV pop up ads...Yeah, they are tracking fresh meat...

The Wife has a FB page...She clicked on an 'RV for sale' on a local site and has now been getting bombarded with RV pop up ads...Yeah, they are tracking fresh meat...

Just saw this today. Guess I'm gonna have to watch Orwells 1984 again so I can get creeped-out at the accuracy of it.

Facebook Is Tracking You Even If You’re Not on Facebook

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/shock-facebook-tracking-even-youre-not-facebook/

(more at link)

Facebook's problems just keep accumulating, drip by drip—or more like splash by splash. It’s now been discovered that Facebook not only collects and uses the personal data of its members but also collects the data of those who never signed up for Facebook.

So if you're one of those who blames Facebook users for allowing their personal data to be compromised, don't be so smug. Facebook may be sharing your personal data as well.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor, senior staff technologist at the ACLU, discovered that, although he never joined Facebook or any other social network, Facebook has a detailed profile on him.

How much does Facebook make off you?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/04/09/how-much-does-facebook-make-off-amount-may-surprise.html

There is an old adage in technology that if you are not paying for it, you are the product. For Facebook and its massive user base, this rings true, with some eye-opening results, depending upon where you live.

Facebook's most valuable users are in the U.S. and Canada, generating $26.76 in average revenue per user (ARPU) in the fourth-quarter of 2017, $26.26 of that from advertising. For all of 2017, the average user in the U.S. and Canada generated $84.41 in ARPU. $81.92 of that came from advertising, making the region Facebook's most valuable on a revenue basis.

I made the mistake of joining FB. I was attacked by aliens!
Never signed off on something so fast in my life -

Several days ago, after Zuck put on his little dog and pony show, I read an article where he was begging for his privacy.

iu

Back
Top Bottom