Garrett Ace 350 Any Issues or Problems?

mchugj

Hello All! I picked up a Garrett Ace 350 with the DD coil on EBay for just $225 today. I think I got a good deal. Has anyone had problems or Issues with the Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector? I think it may have a very similar Printed Circuit Board as the Garrett AT PRO? The display is very similar on the 350 as the Garrett AT Pro. Regards John

Hello All! I picked up a Garrett Ace 350 with the DD coil on EBay for just $225 today. I think I got a good deal. Has anyone had problems or Issues with the Garrett ACE 350 Metal Detector? I think it may have a very similar Printed Circuit Board as the Garrett AT PRO? The display is very similar on the 350 as the Garrett AT Pro. Regards John

It's actually an Ace 250 with a couple of tweaks, but mostly the larger DD coil is the biggest difference.

The AT Pro is a completely different animal.

Still got about $75 of the price of a new 350, and it is a very nice and productive detector that will find you plenty of goodies, so, good going.

It's actually an Ace 250 with a couple of tweaks but mostly the larger DD coil is the biggest difference.

The AT Pro is a completely different animal.

Still got about $75 of the price of a new 350, and it is a very nice and productive detector that will find you plenty of goodies, so, good going.

We have 2 350's no problems at all.

Does it have the same tones of the Ace 250?

Recently sold my ace 350 and got an ATPro. I was more productive with the ace 350 than I am with the ATPro. Guess I need to learn how to properly use my new machine. I get frustrated and wished I still had my 350.

I contacted the eBay seller regarding any paperwork that came with the Ace 350 metal detector. They said “ I haven’t filled out any paper work on it. It was a gift so I don’t have the receipt, however I do have all the warranty paper work included in the box.” I think it’s a great start but my concern is that if the device ever has issues I would like to have the warranty in effect. Anyone have suggestions? Will I need a sales receipt to send in the registration card? Will I need on at all?
Thanks John

Hi John, every manufacturer is different but I do believe that as long as you have the warranty card, fill it out in your name, send it in & you'll be covered for whatever amount of time the company has on their detectors.

I called one in to Garrett once and they changed the warranty over to me right over the phone you will need the serial number handy. If you got the paper work it may not even be registered to someone else so I would just send it in or call them on the phone and they might do it that way for you .

Harold

I'm not saying there's a problem...I'm just saying, check out the thread on:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=80277

(under detectors & gear --> how to use your detector )

Sounds like tightening a loose screw on the connector and/or performing a factory reset fixed it. My 350 started doing that several months after I got it. Factory reset fixed it once, but then the problem came back within an hour and never left. I could only use it with one or two notches of sensitivity...only searching 1-3 inches deep. I sent it back to Garrett (EXCELLENT customer service), and I should be getting it back today. They said they reprogrammed the circuit board and re-calibrated it. I wasn't told exactly what the problem was, or how it might have happened (nor did I ask, specifically..I plan to ask though). Hopefully, it will work fine from now on, and hopefully yours will be just fine.

-- update --

Got it back, and it works fine now. I've had good results with my 350, considering the low number of hours i've put into hunting with it. I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm glad I have it for learning on. Later on, I may want a second detector, but for what I'm hunting, and where I'm hunting, it's fine for now.

Just fill out the card and send it in. You'll love the tones once you get used to it. Garrett treats people RIGHT. Don't believe all the negatives you will read or hear about Ace detectors-it's a bunch of !!!!. Just keep the sensitivity low to start with as it turns bipolar on you at high sensitivities. I'm a Tesoro user and like some of the trash reject qualitiies better than the Ace but if you LEARN the machine it will be a favorite-I know, cause I almost sold my Ace until I learned to use it. If you can, be sure to get the sniper coil-you won't regret it.

Wow Thanks All,
This is a great forum with all of you guys. well I'm expecting it very soon now. I intend on using it this weekend. I’ll post updates on how It works as well as anything I find. Regard John

I started with a Ace 250, and then I found a Ace 350 with a pinpointer and headphones at a garage sale, I got a great deal I paid $150 for it!!!!:D

...It works great for me and i have found silver so yes I love it:lol:!

I love my 350 my finds quadrupled when I upgraded from my bounty hunter and it's a deep seeking machine I regularly find coins in the 6-10" range

Hi Guys,
Well this was my best year metal detecting and I enjoyed it. I used a Tesoro Deleon to find this stunning 1945s walking liberty about 6 inches down at a old farm house. I sold the Deleon, and then the Ace 350. Now I have the Tesoro Cortes and like it really well. John

de4qds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom