Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 02-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

Default 2 jars and a bottle

Nothing exciting has happened here lately but I have been able to get some new stuff.

All three of the below were purchased for cheap from a shop (12 for the mason, 10 for the gin). The lightning jar was from another collector.

Just figured i'd share them
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Elite Member

Jim, that Putnam Trademark in citron is *very* nice! Great window bottle.

Years ago I dug a Mason's 1858 just like that with smelly food still inside. It smelled so bad emptying it that I still want to gag.

BTW, just last weekend picked up this carnival glass Canada Dry. Someday I will find an original label hopefully. I now have 2 of these and both need labels.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2019, 04:28 PM
Elite Member

Thats a cool looking bottle. How do you know its Canada Dry? Just because you've seen them before or because the base has something on it?

When I saw pictures of the Lightning bottle, I knew I wanted it. The larger mason jar is the biggest one I have now.

I found a few small Ball jars a few months ago that were full and after opening the first one, there was no way I was opening any others. Even threw away the gloves I had been wearing because the liquid spilled on them and smelled so bad.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Default Nice

Jim... Nice old OP gin... And I love the Lightning canning jar. Beautiful color.

Thanks for showing them.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~

Old 02-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by yacorie View post
Thats a cool looking bottle. How do you know its Canada Dry? Just because you've seen them before or because the base has something on it?

When I saw pictures of the Lightning bottle, I knew I wanted it. The larger mason jar is the biggest one I have now.

I found a few small Ball jars a few months ago that were full and after opening the first one, there was no way I was opening any others. Even threw away the gloves I had been wearing because the liquid spilled on them and smelled so bad.
So you know exactly what I'm talking about with the smelly food, lol.

Here's a pic of the Canada Dry Orange bottle with original labels. The black labels really set off the carnival color.
Attached Images