Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 01-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Elite Member

Default New Bottles - when does it end?

So I was trying to sell some bottles becasue i have 100s and 100s kicking around now. I was successful in selling some but then i had an opportunity to buy some.

I thought the price was great so I pulled the trigger. Its a mix of bottles - demijohn, 3-piece mold bottles, blob tops, a squat soda, some hutchinson style sodas, medicines, druggists, poisons and just a hodge podge. Most everything is embossed with something.

If you want a picture of some closer up - let me know. I didn't clean them for pictures but a lot of them are soaking now.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Elite Member

more pictures
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Elite Member

last ones
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Elite Member

Jim, Some real nice glass there! All those blobtops with bails (AND 2 with stoppers!) look like they were not dug but stored all those years. Nice meds too.

Post 2: The green flask and the aqua one next to it with the odd elongated top are really nice. All 4 are really old.

Post 3: That blob pony saying 1871 (or is it 3?) is really nice!

For what you paid you did

Old 01-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Elite Member

Yeah Jim, I second what Glasshopper said about some nice glass there!

You mentioned selling some bottles. How do you sell yours... online auctions?

I was given a collection of pretty nice bottles and glass recently but canít keep it all. After my wife and I save some favorites, iíll Need to find a home for the rest.
In the collection was a container of porcelain stoppers for the old sodaís, all with company names, or monograms on them. Have you seen any interest anywhere in folks wanting or buying these?

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~

Old 01-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Supporter

Dang those are cool bottles!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2019 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $70.14 ($905.35), Silver coins: 14 (20), Wheats: 36 (83), Gold: 1 (25), Plat: 1 (1), .925 9 (68), Rings: 9 (197), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 01-27-2019, 04:10 PM
Supporter

I have a couple of those too!

I love the blobs, (big one too) the flasks and ambers, and the hutchís!

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...
They arrested him

Old 01-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Elite Member

Thanks everyone. I had just purchased a curio but itís beyond filled so I need another. I have some of shelves too but really like the curio

Jimther. Sent you a PM. A few different avenues based on what you feel like dealing with and the value

Old 01-27-2019, 10:57 PM

Nice grouping . Most date from1890-1910. Some ABM that date later . The squat soda and Hutchinsonís date a bit earlier. I donít believe any are much earlier given no pics of bases. Most are common medicines with the sodas probably being of most value . At a bottle show most will sell for for a buck or two with others like the sodas more depending upon embossing and of course condition.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:12 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gaspipe View post
Nice grouping . Most date from1890-1910. Some ABM that date later . The squat soda and Hutchinsonís date a bit earlier. I donít believe any are much earlier given no pics of bases. Most are common medicines with the sodas probably being of most value . At a bottle show most will sell for for a buck or two with others like the sodas more depending upon embossing and of course condition.
Yea. Some of the smaller meds are actually druggist bottles.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by yacorie View post
Thanks everyone. I had just purchased a curio but itís beyond filled so I need another. I have some of shelves too but really like the curio

Jimther. Sent you a PM. A few different avenues based on what you feel like dealing with and the value
Thanks for the PMs, Jim. Got them and responded by PM also. As you suggested, I will probably post some photos in this sub-forum.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~