• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Easter hunt gets me a merc

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Worm and I got out for a short Easter day hunt this morning. We went to a fairly new elementary school, but the historical aerials site showed the old school off to the side of where the new school sits. Just a field there now. I got a crusty wheat then got a 1928 merc. Other items of interest were a made in Hong Kong dragon ring and an old lipstick case. Not shown is a 1918 merc I got this past tuesday at a community center. These two mercs bring me to 22 for the year.

Attachments

• 20190421_084708_HDR.jpg
    20190421_084708_HDR.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 20190421_115825_HDR.jpg
    20190421_115825_HDR.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 254
  • 20190421_115856_HDR.jpg
    20190421_115856_HDR.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 20190421_120008_HDR.jpg
    20190421_120008_HDR.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 246
Nice work toad!

I spent 14 hours detecting four new sites this weekend and found nothing but clad and trash. I'm worn out from digging, lol.

Congrats on number 22 Toad!!! Lol man I'm going to have to stop relic hunting so much..."all the nails, and can slaw are some nice relics to dig, but I'm now down 2 silvers!!! :laughing:

Congrats on number 22...Was camped at an old WWII training camp...
detecting is a big NO-NO there....but man theres several old home places and cemetery's....

Nice job Toad! I got a Merc today as well mine was a 27 lol.
Gotta love mercs! Congrats on your '27!
Nice work toad!

I spent 14 hours detecting four new sites this weekend and found nothing but clad and trash. I'm worn out from digging, lol.
Thanks! I'd be tired out too!
Nice work, Thats a great merc
Thank you!
Congrats on the finds! Hopefully you can get back to that spot and hit it some more.:yes:
Thanks! Lots of trash and ashes, pieces of slag and molten glass...probably from the coal furnace in the old school...I did see a lot of pieces of coal too.
A very nice outing Scott. Pretty good research of that site. Congrats on the Merc's, the Wheat and all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Trapper!
Nice finds.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you David!
Congrats on number 22 Toad!!! Lol man I'm going to have to stop relic hunting so much..."all the nails, and can slaw are some nice relics to dig, but I'm now down 2 silvers!!! :laughing:
Thanks man! It won't take you long to catch up:lol:
Congrats on number 22...Was camped at an old WWII training camp...
detecting is a big NO-NO there....but man theres several old home places and cemetery's....
Thanks Darren! You need to hit some of those old houses!
Nice finds...is the ring silver?
Thanks! I believe it's just aluminum...it cleaned up nicer than I though it would. Says Hong Kong on the inside.
Congrats on the Merc Toad! Like that dragon ring too :)
Thanks GS! Yeah, those unique finds make it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom