Excalibur aftermarket coil user's

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
I am running a Excalibur Blue 1000 with a GT tornado coil that work's fine , i had one laying around . As both the 1000 and 800 BBS coil's dry rotted i will leave the 10 GT tornado on the 1000, however no part's available but aftermarket to choose from , i will run the 1000 in the water this season, but i want to run the 800 in the wet, and shallow, i have decided to go with a bigger aftermarket coil, i do have a GT SEF 10x12 wright now, but than no GT coil as i used the 10 GT tornado on the 1000 , my question for all the Mod's, Pro's running aftermarket coil's on there Excalibur's--- is about stability , once the coil hit's the salt water , i need one that won't go nuts, two manufacturer's i am looking at Detech and NEL coil's for the Excalibur , please chime in on your experience's using these aftermarket coils-in the wet and shallow water, in deeper water i will run the 1000 with the gt 10 tornado , i would like to here from Excalibur user's running after market coil's only, thank's Earl

Settled Coil for 800- NO ML PART

Settled for the NEL Tornado 12x13 for Excaliburs , and SOV., had good luck with the SEF coil on the GT , but wanted a new beast, since ML won't sell Slim Line coil's out wright :roll: DONE Mod's you can close this thread Problem Solved thanks Earl

Last edited:
I tried putting the ultimate 13 dd on my sov gt a few years ago and i can say it got very chattery when hunting in the water, don't recommend it...

Ya

Z , it was chattery on my Etrac, i alway's ran the 10x12 sef much smoother , this coil should run pretty good on the Excal , we will see, Earl

Back
Top Bottom