Whites metal detector depth master new improves depth?

picturephotos

This is an auction item listed for sale on ebay at this moment. Is this an item worth investing in or is it a gimmick? Below is the actual item listing/description.
I appreciate any feedback. Rita

"WHITES METAL DETECTOR DEPTH MASTER NEW IMPROVES DEPTH"
****** NEW ******

BLUEBIRD DEPTH MASTER

DEPTHMASTER IS THE ULTRASENSEIVTIVE ELECTRONIC ACCESSORY THAT GREATLY ENHANCES THE SCIENCE AND ART OF METAL DETECTING. DEPTH MASTER DOES THE FOLLOWING;

* INCREASES SIGNAL STRENGTH FOR EXTRA DETECTING DEPTH ( AT LEAST 1 TO 3 INCHES)

* REDUCES SURFACE TRASH NOISE (NO MORE EAR SHATTERING BLASTS.)

* INCREASES A DETECTOR'S SENSITIVITY ( THE BEST TUNING GIVES THE BEST RANGE)

* CONVERST A DETECTOR'S MONO JACK TO STEREO.

THIS WAS MADE FOR WHITE'S DETECTORS BUT MAY WORK ON OTHERS. IT RUNS ON ONE AA BATTERY - NOT INCLUDED.

YOUR HEADPHONE PLUGS INTO THE DEPTHMASTER AND THE DEPTHMASTER PLUGS INTO YOUR METAL DETECTOR.

THIS IS NEW BUT NO LONGER ARE MADE SO THEY ARE HARD TO FIND.

This is an actual listing on ebay.

I know who the seller is and he has good feedback...As far as that item I couldn't tell you as I've never seen it....Maybe some of the others can speak.......The detector your getting will go deep enough to make you want to stop diggin'....Don't need any gimmicks...

Hmmmmm, the phrase "no longer made" would give me second thoughts. Something that DOES work (and sell) will normally still be sold.....

Dusty

These are basically sound amplifiers / sound limiters. If you already get adequate (as opposed to weak) sound volume from your detector and have earphones with built-in sound limiters, you don't need it.

Probably the reason that they are no longer sold, they made over twenty years ago. At least that's how old mine is.
DM.gif
It fits between the earphones and the detector. It was also supposed to dull loud signals like large pieces of metal. I think it might have helped with the detectors of the day.

I had a Depthmaster back in 1996. It amplified week signals and shunted loud signals. I could never see where it affected the actual depth of the detector. If you used it on a detector that had a weaker signal as the targets got deeper, it might help. Otherwise I think it would be a waste of money. That's probably why you don't see them any more.

Nosy to know

These are basically sound amplifiers / sound limiters. If you already get adequate (as opposed to weak) sound volume from your detector and have earphones with built-in sound limiters, you don't need it.

I was looking for a good digger when I ran across this auction. As I'm new to this Im nosy as to what everything is used for.

I had one back in the late 80's on my Whites 5900. Its just basically a amplifier. And it does limit excessive blaring with surface trash. It does work as it amplifies the audio on real week signals. It doesn't make your detector any deeper, just makes week signals a little louder. It ran on 1 AA battery. But with Grey Ghost and Killer B's and the pre amping already built into machines these days there just isn't a need for them.
I'd still like to find one and play with it on my Vaquero.

I tried mine on my old Tek 9000 the other day. I still had the Velcro that it is mounted with. It still works. I haven't used it for years and had forgotten just how much louder the signals are using it, even with the volume turned down. I found quite a few coins, but nothing old, but I've never found anything old where I was hunting.

Tried this one on several detectors

It doesn't make your detector any deeper, just makes week signals a little louder.
True, but there are signals not heard at all without it using a excalibur's, Sd, GPX series detectors, Very deep signals

the only one it helped to pull the very faint signals up was a Minelabs excalibur, they have been using them for years on the Minelabs PI gold detectors like the GPX, or SD series........Called Doc's Treasure Amp's....Did a compare at the beach amonth ago...doing a few more mod's to the excal for another video in a few weeks...Here are the results of a compare of a New Minelabs Excalibur II, White's DF PI, and the Minelabs Excalibur 1000 w/amp...what the amp does is pull up signals not heard by the best of hearing with alittle fine tuning.

Joe... wasn't this test done right after you purchased the DF?... you have to use the detector and learn it alot longer than you owned it... furthermore a PI is deeper than the Excal.. I don't care if a user is using a 15" WOT or this device... you yourself have admitted in posts you don't know what we are talking about when it comes to whisper targets or drop outs in the threshold...

yep, still alot to learn with all

Yep, still learning but as you can see with the amp it's hitting targets the excal II can't hear.............more to come, bring the Ls next time........

OK, I got a little more time to explain...GF went home

Yes, with this post I was just trying to show that what is missed by not being able to hear everything. Like the new excal II, IT is just as deep as the one with the amp, but what is happening, he is missing the targets because he's not hearing them, his detecter is hitting them, he is just not fine tuned and amped to hear them. Just like the DF, my guess is, it is deeper but without the aid of knowing what to listen for the targets are missed. I was hoping that the amp would do the same for the Df as the Minelab PI's, but since the responces are different seems like all it did was create more of a unstable threshold. I still am going to work with the DF on this, those faints you speak of would be great if I could fine tune the threshold to respond as defined as the excalibur. Still alot of research/testing to do. I have had the Amp on the excal for almost 2 years now , and it took me almost a year to master it, and I'm still learning.....By the way this is not the first compare of detectors I have done, this just happened to be one I planned to record. I have done several with other hunters by just running into them on the beach, and I can say..there are lots of targets being missed by all detectors. The only one that came close to hearing the targets that the amped excal could hear was the Infinium Ls with the 10x14 mono coil, that's one reason I bought the machine, It can find targets the amped excal can't...the list is quit long of machines/diff coils I have compared, most don't even come close...but more then likely they are hitting them, just that factors like, wrong tuning of the machines, target signal to low to hear the responce (like the excal II in video), ambient noise, Not knowing what to listen for ( like the DF in video), not know what there doing (new hunters), and the detector is just not as deep. And these are water machines..the land machine are another story. And the biggest factor on the subject is location...
So...Keep a open mind that I'm not trying to bash any detectors I'm just trying to squeeze the most out of each that is possible, and the excal just happened to be my first guinea pig...........Good luck to all in 2011.......joe

First off it takes quite a while to master any detector (to become one with it) such as the Excal or the DF...

When listening for whispers with the DF you really need to be thinking about and listening for these deepest whispers... like I have said in the past some of these whispers are a silent spot in the threshold... many of us PI users, use our detectors with the gain full open andsure the thresholds are noisy but one who is in tune with hisdetector can tell the difference pretty clearly and again this comes with time...

if someone isn't happy with the chattery tone of a threshold then why not try out a ferrite shield... Clive has been playing around with one on the DF and other detectors... me.. I'm not into gimmicks as I can hear the deepest whispers as can my hunting partners or anyone who has put in a lot of time learning what their detectors are telling them.... as to the LS... its a PI and will be deeper the the Excal...

Each detector mentioned has its place... but in the water a PI is going deeper than a VLF.. a PI is going to have less problems with black sand than a VLF... VLF's are great for area's of the beach that hold a lot of iron and junk... its why I run the GT in these area's but in the water its the PI, less junk, less iron..

I'm into gimmicks

I guess I'm just into gimmick's if they work, like tearing the detector apart, changing a few things to make it work better or pulling the old 302 and dropping a big block with the bottle in her. It worked for me on Bikes and Cars...it can work on detectors...........

Now, if I can remember how I hooked this thing up.....

Attachments

• DSC_5119.JPG
    DSC_5119.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,155
I guess I'm just into gimmick's if they work, like tearing the detector apart, changing a few things to make it work better or pulling the old 302 and dropping a big block with the bottle in her. It worked for me on Bikes and Cars...it can work on detectors...........

Now, if I can remember how I hooked this thing up.....

Red wire to cyl. #1 port, Black wire to cyl. #2 port. Sensitivty set at 25, headphone secure around throttle body. Should be good to go! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom