White's Coin Master

kurtix07

Hey all I've got some questions about the Coin Master from Whites. First everytime that i try to use it i always hit signals that say the metal object is the size of a half dollars and after digging and sifting through 2 feet of dirt i find nothing everytime, my bounty hunter seems to be doing a better job of finding items than the coinmaster which makes me a little disappointed to say the least. I've tried turning down the sensitivity on it which helps some what but most of the time i'm coming up empty handed. what makes me so mad is that i'll scan over the two foot hole again and that MD will tell me that the object is 4ins down :( any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and HH

Hey all I've got some questions about the Coin Master from Whites. First everytime that i try to use it i always hit signals that say the metal object is the size of a half dollars and after digging and sifting through 2 feet of dirt i find nothing everytime, my bounty hunter seems to be doing a better job of finding items than the coinmaster which makes me a little disappointed to say the least. I've tried turning down the sensitivity on it which helps some what but most of the time i'm coming up empty handed. what makes me so mad is that i'll scan over the two foot hole again and that MD will tell me that the object is 4ins down :( any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and HH

kurtix07, I've used one of these machines and thought it junk. White's cut too many corners trying to stay cheap of price. The one I used kept shutting off and when it was alive could not tell a cat from a dog. The ID was useless and it had no real depth. Maybe 3-4 inches at best on coins. I like White's MDers but not this one.

Jennings

thanks i might just go and return this one, i don't think that it is worth it. can you suggest another "Good" MD around the same price range, i'm an enlisted navy man newly wed so i don't have much money to throw around.

thanks i might just go and return this one, i don't think that it is worth it. can you suggest another "Good" MD around the same price range, i'm an enlisted navy man newly wed so i don't have much money to throw around.

The Garret Ace 250 hits the mark White's missed. (212.00)

Fisher F2 is OK.

Tesoro's entry-level machines are as good as the species get but have no meter if that's important to you. It's not to me. I dig by sound.

Others on here will have their favorites too I'm sure. I just think you happened to hit the worst product on your first try. Bad luck.

Jennings

It sounds like you've got a bad detector or coil.....I've used one and had none of those problems....I even had my boot to close and it was picking up on the eyelets....DUHH !!!

I just got a Coinmaster Pro. It works great. Says it's a quarter it's a quarter. Says it's a zinc penny and it's a zinc penny. The only thing it misses is it says a copper penny and it is a big chunk of aluminum can. The dead give away it is not a penny is the target size. I have found dimes, pennys, quarters. This was my first use and the ground was wet and had lots of iron and foil. I ran discrimination with the smart notch letting nickels back in.
I had to slow my swing. It takes longer to recover then my Surfmaster Dual Field. I had to take my time pinpointing also. Depth worked very good and tone ID worked well.
It is super light and easy to swing. It is not as heavy duty as my DF; but it is not rated for 100 feet under water either. They say water resistant. That is BS. Nothing is sealed even a little bit. I think it will need a bag just to keep sand out let alone water.
I am going to shoot the beach this weekend. Let you know how it runs.
As for you detector not working; too bad. I just got into Metal Detecting. Instead a buying online I worked deals from my local dealer. $100 bucks off the Dual Field. I went back two months later and picked up the CM Pro for $45 Bucks off. The local dealer set both up, showed me how they work, made sure they worked, filled out the warranty stuff', patted me on the po po and sent me on my way. No run drips or errors.
Support your local dealers!!!

Getting used to any new detector can be a challenge and frustrating. The best way to get familiar with any new detector is to take it to a place to hunt that has limited targets. Taking a new detector to a trash filled spot will be a disaster. Take it to a school ground or even better a tot lot is at all possible. You want a place that has the best odds of having more coins than trash. It's the sounds and ID of finding coins you need to learn, not trash. Once you know what a good target sounds/displays like, identifying trash becomes much easier.

My hunting buddy has had one now for three months and it works great and he digs coins as deep as 8 inches sometimes . Its a very good machine but like said you have to learn any machine and that takes some time and its possible you have a bad coil or some other problem . I would give whites a call and talk to them about your problem . Good Hunting on what ever you do .

Harold

Just got back from a saltwater beach. This beach has been hunted all winter by many pros. Two nickles, one clad penny and one mercury dime. The dime was over 8 inches down in damp sand. The CM Pro gave a solid wheat penny signal. When I throw the silver dime on the sand it still reads copper penny. So I guess I can conclude silver dime show up under copper penny sign. The CM Pro seemed to get a little jumpy in the saltwater; but it can hunt wet sand no troubles. Today I just ran iron discrimination; otherwise it beeps all the time. Lots of junk and snow fence wire. When it says foil it has been foil. When it says tabs it has been tabs; but at the same time gold rings are in these zoners. So for now I am digging.
It is not a good machine; but a great machine. For $245.00 at my local dealer a good investment.

Awesome......Knew it would work out.....If you ever get the chance get the Prizm 4x6 Mini DD Shooter coil....It's a HOT lil' coil.........

Back
Top Bottom