BH Quick Silver coils - 8in vs. 10in.

garfik

Hi everyone,
I've got BH Quick Silver with standard, 8 inch coil.
There's a possibility to buy 10 inch one (they're very rare in Poland). But, is it worth? It's more expensive than I paid for whole detector...
What are real differences between them? How would the bigger coil increase my MD range?

Hi everyone,
I've got BH Quick Silver with standard, 8 inch coil.
There's a possibility to buy 10 inch one (they're very rare in Poland). But, is it worth? It's more expensive than I paid for whole detector...
What are real differences between them? How would the bigger coil increase my MD range?

You might get an inch or two more...maybe.
That was the difference on my F2 between those two coils.
However here that bigger coil only cost 1/4 of the detector, to buy a coil that won't help you all that much that costs more than your detector doesn't make much sense, to me.
Save your money, one day put it toward a more powerful and deeper detector because they are out there.
I know because I started my career with one of those too and upgraded as soon as I could.

Last edited:
And so, I've bought that coil for 200 zl (about 57$).

And, I must say, I'm satisfied.

Range increased noticeably - like Digger27 said. For example, Polish 5 zl (coin about 1 in. diameter, like US quarter) is now giving stable signal from 20 cm (8 in.) - previously it was 16 cm (6.5 in.) max.
One Polish "grosz" - the smallest coin, about 1.5 cm in diameter - detecting range jumped from 13 cm (5.2 in.) to 16 cm (6.3 in.).

And, even with that coil, complete detector was less than 300 zl - it's about 86$.

Can't wait for rain to stop :D

Back
Top Bottom