Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Elite Member

Default Makro & Notka for sale in classifieds - why so many?

Why do so many of these machine end up in the classifieds? I scan the classifieds on a regular basis and it definitely appears that there are more Makro and Notka detectors for sale in the classifieds at any given time. For clarification what I am suggesting is that compared to the total number of machines sold by any given manufacturer there seem to be a higher percentage of used Makro and Notka machines that end up in the classifieds. Please don't crucify me, I haven't done an actual study on this but it is my own personal theory.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:18 PM
Elite Member

Well, the obvious answer is that a lot of people buy them, and then arent happy with them.

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Elite Member

Everybody's chasing the next best thing ..That's the only reason 99 percent of all brand named machines are for sale..In reality they are all pretty much equel in finding coins and jewelery,but we all think the next one's gonna be better.lol

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Elite Member

Plenty for sale in the UK to, mostly Impacts, Etracs, ctx. I was offered a 3 month old Impact pro for less than half price, wish i'd taken it, but i passed.
I really think the Nox has given many a bloody nose, there's loads of bargains to be had.

Ask any dealer what he's sold new since the Nox was revealed at Detectival.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM
Supporter

Not sure why the others are selling theirs but neither my Kruzer or Impact will be up for sale anytime soon.

I think a lot of the resale of detectors is due to the instant gratification society we live in these days. Most people want what they want and want results from this immediately. Once they find there is effort involved then they go to the next thing that promises results with little or no effort.
This is why diet pills sell by the billions, why take the effort and get all sweating exercising when all you have to do is take this pill 3 times a day?! And then when the results do not come you can always blame the pill (or detector in this case) and not have to take any personal responsibility.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by choppadude View post
....... I think a lot of the resale of detectors is due to the instant gratification society we live in these days. Most people want what they want and want results from this immediately. Once they find there is effort involved then they go to the next thing that promises results with little or no effort.
Very true! New detectors take time to learn. New tones, new responses, whole new "feel" that takes time to learn and adapt to. Lots of people buy something and immediately sell it after a few hours. Can't be bothered to actually LEARN how it works to know how well it can truly perform.

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/

Old 05-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by choppadude View post
I think a lot of the resale of detectors is due to the instant gratification society we live in these days. Most people want want results from this immediately.
They suck. bwhahahah.

Seriously though, I started taking private lessons and am learning that no matter what machine you swing, your effectiveness is based on techniques and an understanding of how your detector was engineered and designed to operate. If you understand the technical side, you'll learn what it is telling you about buried targets. Meanwhile most folks simply turn-on and swing. Choppa couldn't be more correct.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Elite Member

I just did an expanded Craigs List search which picked up Tulsa, OKC Fayeteville and Ft Smith. Of what were obviously used machines, it was spread around among the brands. Not one Nokta or Makro. There was a Deus, a couple AT, a V3i, Ace and Tessoro. There were some really old machines and then some dealers with new ones including several ads for the NOX.
I have an Impact, M6 and a V3i.
I'm done chasing the latest and greatest!
I like the V3i and I have tried to love it. It is DEEP but not user friendly in some situations.
The M6 is easy to use but not deep.
The Impact is now my go to machine for most situations and is very versatile. I would never sell it.
I think people hear the hype and soon discover that all machines have their quirks and shortcomings and move on. I am starting to expand my knowledge of the Impact and the more I use it the better I like it. I think more people should really learn their machine rather than chasing hyped tech.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Porsche914 View post
I just did an expanded Craigs List search which picked up Tulsa, OKC Fayeteville and Ft Smith. Of what were obviously used machines, it was spread around among the brands. Not one Nokta or Makro. There was a Deus, a couple AT, a V3i, Ace and Tessoro. There were some really old machines and then some dealers with new ones including several ads for the NOX.
I have an Impact, M6 and a V3i.
I'm done chasing the latest and greatest!
I like the V3i and I have tried to love it. It is DEEP but not user friendly in some situations.
The M6 is easy to use but not deep.
The Impact is now my go to machine for most situations and is very versatile. I would never sell it.
I think people hear the hype and soon discover that all machines have their quirks and shortcomings and move on. I am starting to expand my knowledge of the Impact and the more I use it the better I like it. I think more people should really learn their machine rather than chasing hyped tech.
Great ppst

Old 05-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
Well, the obvious answer is that a lot of people buy them, and they aren't happy with them.
Very true. I tried a Makro Racer 2 because on paper it checked all the boxes for the perfect relic machine. Once I had it in my hands and gave it a test drive I quickly found myself missing my T2 SE that I have over 400 hours on. I think people are hoping that the next machine is the best one and they dive in only to find that it pretty much does the same thing as their last "best" machine. Oh, wait......I just answered my own question

Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM

In my parts of the woods when a new restaurant opens the community flocks to it in order to check it out. This lasts for several weeks then most go back to the tried and true eating places. If the new restaurant proves itself a good place then it is put into the eating out rotation. Every once in a while the new place is simply outstanding and maintains itself as such. This makes the adventure of the hunt worth it.
Much like the seeking of the next great and outstanding detector. We enjoy the adventure of the hunt and hope we find the real deal to make the journey worth the search and the expense.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Supporter

I wish you were correct, been looking for a deal on a multi Keizer for awhile now and very few for sale, one for sale right now here but not a very good bargain when I can get one new for a few dollars more. But that might say something too , maybe they are so good used ones going for new prices?

Old 05-17-2018, 04:48 AM
Elite Member

People always want to have the new shiny thing...

Old 05-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Elite Member

Just noticed a dealer in the UK has started discounting the Kruzer by £50.
I'd guess they don't want to be stuck with them.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Everybody's chasing the next best thing ..That's the only reason 99 percent of all brand named machines are for sale..In reality they are all pretty much equel in finding coins and jewelery,but we all think the next one's gonna be better.lol
This is spot on.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ynnek4 View post
This is spot on.
They all will find a target , some will not report in extreme trash especially at depths.

This is why people like me try machines to find the best one we can.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Trashfinder View post
They all will find a target , some will not report in extreme trash especially at depths.

This is why people like me try machines to find the best one we can.
I like to try them all also,so I can relate.And some do this better,and some do that better..I know I’m not gonna find it all,and no machine is gonna find it all,regardless of make or model,trashy or clean area..I’m pretty much done chasing,and arguing which machine is best.Theyre all good,they’ll all find great things,and they’ll all get me outta the house and having fun.
,none of us are getting rich,,well,,maybe Mud is.lol

Last edited by woodbutcher; 05-17-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
... no machine is gonna find it all,regardless of make or model..
Well, a PI machine WILL FIND IT ALL!!!

From a sewing needle at 18" deep to a dainty broken platinum ring. Without a doubt, PIs have the muscle and sensitivity to find stuff without the consequences of mineralization and/or conductive salt. But I get your premise, I just wanted to lol

Old 05-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by screwynewy View post
Why do so many of these machine end up in the classifieds? I scan the classifieds on a regular basis and it definitely appears that there are more Makro and Notka detectors for sale in the classifieds at any given time. For clarification what I am suggesting is that compared to the total number of machines sold by any given manufacturer there seem to be a higher percentage of used Makro and Notka machines that end up in the classifieds. Please don't crucify me, I haven't done an actual study on this but it is my own personal theory.
The obvious answer is they don't work as good as some people claim, unless you are looking for scrap metal.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
People always want to have the new shiny thing...
Pretty much....

Plus it goes along with "muh post count and muh youtube views"

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake