Raking in the Silver today.

Sven

Elite Member
The Thames Valley -London club held our fall seeded club hunt at Port Stanley Beach. No entry fee this year of $20 from each person in Loons and Toons to seed the hunt with. It was free this time, the club bought silver coins to seed the hunt field with, tossed in a bunch of Loonies for good measure as well as other coins and tokens for prizes. Think there was about 25 members who came out today. Everyone walked away with silver, clad and or prizes. Made for a good time. Video http://www.tvmda.ca/facebook-tvmda-group/

I switched between the Quest Q40 and the Nokta Impact. With the Impact I was able to switch to 20khz getting away from other detectors interference. In the second hunt, one target ID'd as good with a high number but, was tough to find. Smaller than the holes in my scoop. Eventually found it, a small silver disc. During the 3rd hunt, Paul came over and asked me if I lost the silver disc I found. Didn't know, maybe never made it into my pouch. Told him to keep it. Later, on when I emptied my pouch, the little silver disc I found was amongst the hunt finds. Well, looks like both Paul and I found one after all.

Climax of the hunt was the food at Macky's, the club treated all the members to a meal of their choice. Yum, yum. To end the day, we had a club meeting inside Macky's that would cancel Octobers meeting that fell on Thanksgiving.

A couple of us took a drive down the beach, found around $4 or so in the sand and about 5 feet up from the waters edge found one of those sterling puzzle rings.

On the way home stopped at a playfield, took the Quest Q40 out of the cars trunk. First time I really had a chance to try out the 5x9 search coil in an actual hunt. Wow, the Q40 feels like a new detector, really lightweight compared with the 9x11 that it came with. Hunted up some coinage, an orange truck to match the pinpointer/Q40 and a silver ring.

Attachments

• club hunt.jpg
    club hunt.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 226
  • impact sept 30 17.jpg
    impact sept 30 17.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 198
  • quest q40 sept 30 17.jpg
    quest q40 sept 30 17.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 198
Oh yeah I...

I caught a fish thissssssss big well not really and I found a penny so maybe your day was better of course it was I moved furniture.... I'm just saying Noe finds.

3 ringer

That's an awesome haul !!!
Funny someone posted a 3 ringer.....I just found this one a few days ago myself......

Not really sure what the point is.....is it a real ring or what???

Attachments

• 20170921_212726 BBBB.jpg
    20170921_212726 BBBB.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom