Looking for Gold in Maryland

captbo

just wondering is any has been found by members I read once that there is Gold in every state?

In the form of a ring: yes

In the form of ore: not likely

Source: http://www.mgs.md.gov/geology/minerals_energy_resources/gold.html

Better off cracking a cold one, firing up the Ole detector and running it up the shores of the Potomac looking for uncle Bob's wedding band he dropped in the water after drinking too much root beer.

Or I could be completely wrong and there are gold nuggets the size of beer cans. Only way to find out is to fire that bad boy up! put your head up, coil down and prove the Maryland State Geological Services wrong!

Happy hunting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree with Brother Shavnore.

Depending on where you live and what areas you have available to hunt...theres a LOT of lost gold out there! Heck, parking lot edges, totlots, parks, curbstrips, yards, sportsfields, beaches, swimming holes, wedding reception hall parking lots...just to name a few...and those are just rings or coins! Then figure in chains! Which are about impossible to find, yet they are out there none the less!

Gold can be just about anywhere and sound just about like anything, from foil clear on up into Clad Q range and everything in between! A guy has to study the travel patterns of 'gold wearers' too, and then just work the numbers in likely 'gold drop' areas...

I'd wager within 5 miles of your house theres a couple oz just laying out there for you to go pick it up if you can find it...most repeatedly successful inland gold jewelry hunters target specific areas and certain tones...Is it easier than hunting native gold ore? In Maryland, probably yes...

If a guy has gold fever, and pulls enough targets, he will find it eventually...The AtPro is a gold killer! It will NOT miss a ring...or a decent chain even...so its all up to you at this point Capt! Good Luck!
Mud.

There is no natural occurring gold or gold ore in Hawaii. The only gold found is that on the beaches that's been lost by tourists. Kinda kills the gold in every State theory.

Living in Maryland, I remember reading that gold has been found in some streams in Montgomery County (placer gold). Don't remember the details, but not enough to be commercially viable.

only gold in Arkansas is at one location, on private property, guy never gives permission, and its not visible gold so will not show up with a detector, only by chemical analysis!

Now for dropped gold...its all over the darn place and there for the detecting! KT cannot hunt the Buffalo River with a detector now that its federal property, but He is not the only one who lost his high school gold ring at Buffalo Point when it was state property! HA HA

Maryland Gold

There are a number of gold areas in Maryland. Most are in National Park areas. The majority are just west of DC. Placers area would be in the creeks that are in those areas. search in Google.
Look for USGS Bulletin 1286 and Bulletin 1471 as a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom