Unusual Finds Today!

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I love anything unusual when I hunt. Today was fun. I found the usual clad and pull tabs along with about 30 pennies. In those penny tones I found some cool things. The small pendant in the bottom photo is silver but needs to be cleaned to figure out what it is.

The first nice find was a Florida Lottery Token. I can not find any reference to his token on the net. Anyone ever seen one or know what the One Spin means? The obverse side says Florida Lottery and has a flamingo.

The second is the eire coin. It is a 1990 one pound coin from Ireland. The face value is over $1.50. Cool coin and a nice find.

The next strange thing is those GRillZ, some bozo actually wore them! The gold plating is gone. I found 2 last year that were 10K. These are worthless. :p

The forth notable find and my favorite is the bottle opener with USA eagle shield. I believe it is really old, probably WW2 era. A nice piece of history. Maybe some Brasso would really make it nice. I wonder who owned it and if they were still alive. All in all a fun day on the wet sand.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Wear those teeth you might be surprised how people shy away from you.:laughing: Im all in on that beer opener thou..... cool.

Dew

To add, I am auctioning off the eagle and mini indian head coin I found last week on the gulf. It is on the Auction section if anyone is interested. The current bid is only $5.50.

Is that a grill from wallyworld? :laughing:
I have seen them on the internet selling for about $20. They have plastic you heat up and bite down to shape to your teeth. Someone posted these last year thinking the teeth were sill in them. :laughing: The white inside is the plastic. How freakin cheap can you get?

I have seen them on the internet selling for about $20. They have plastic you heat up and bite down to shape to your teeth. Someone posted these last year thinking the teeth were sill in them. :laughing: The white inside is the plastic. How freakin cheap can you get?

I should have deleted that post. I just didn't want to examine them to closely. I thought someone got punched in the mouth while wearing a grilZ. (and probably deserved it)
Anyway, that is an array of finds for one hunt.
HH BH

I should have deleted that post. I just didn't want to examine them to closely. I thought someone got punched in the mouth while wearing a grilZ. (and probably deserved it)
Anyway, that is an array of finds for one hunt.
HH BH
Hey, I forgot who posted them! I remember that post well. I was laughing at your thinking his teeth were still in them. :laughing: I don't blame you. We dig some weird stuff some times. My grillz have the same white plastic inside. When I looked at them I remembered your post.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Nononononono! Don't use Brasso and remove that wonderful patina! Polish it with a soft cloth, let the natural aged patina remain! It's BEAUTIFUL and will look so much better left as it is.

SageGrouse

Nononononono! Don't use Brasso and remove that wonderful patina! Polish it with a soft cloth, let the natural aged patina remain! It's BEAUTIFUL and will look so much better left as it is.

SageGrouse

I agree with SageGrouse..... don't do it Greg, it is better left as is....

Nice assortment of finds!

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom