First Seated Coin! Dime. :)

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Real proud of this one. It was the deepest coin I have dug. 10 inches or so. I had to really listen for it. The AT MAX is a different language than my ACE350 and I'm starting to learn it. Yes!! Its fun to go back to the areas that I hit hard with my ACE and find the deep stuff it couldn't reach. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20170929_112840_resized.jpg
    20170929_112840_resized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 20170929_112859_resized.jpg
    20170929_112859_resized.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 20170929_115240_resized.jpg
    20170929_115240_resized.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 20170929_115252_resized.jpg
    20170929_115252_resized.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 203
Ok,,, time for me to block you. Ive never dug a seated anything. LOL. You're smoking me outta the water man. Consider yourself blocked. :)
:lol:

Congrats on your first Seated coin !

It's up to you if you want to try it or not but ...
I've had good luck "feathering in" the scratches on Silver coins by lightly rubbing the area with very fine steel wool.

Congrats on your first Seated coin !

It's up to you if you want to try it or not but ...
I've had good luck "feathering in" the scratches on Silver coins by lightly rubbing the area with very fine steel wool.

Thanks for the tip!! I'm going to give that a try.

Ok,,, time for me to block you. Ive never dug a seated anything. LOL. You're smoking me outta the water man. Consider yourself blocked. :)
:lol:

Don't block me!! I really appreciate all your collective insight on the hobby. You have all been so nice and welcoming. I also appreciate the congratulations on my finds. (My wife is supportive but doesn't quite get the excitement of the find. She asked me if that seated dime had any value and I told her a couple dollars maybe. She told me she thought it must have been worth thousands based on my excitement) haha. You guys "get It" :D

Yep, we "get it!" I LOVE digging Seated coins (any silver, really, of course, but I LOVE Seateds)!

CONGRATS on a great dig!

Steve

Don't block me!! I really appreciate all your collective insight on the hobby. You have all been so nice and welcoming. I also appreciate the congratulations on my finds. (My wife is supportive but doesn't quite get the excitement of the find. She asked me if that seated dime had any value and I told her a couple dollars maybe. She told me she thought it must have been worth thousands based on my excitement) haha. You guys "get It" :D

What I get the most out of finding old coins is this. "Who was the person who dropped it. What were they like, How'd they come to drop it where it was found by me."

I feel the same way about old buildings. 1800's buildings. WHO was the person who laid the first stone for its foundation. Same questions pertain to them. 1940 class ring I found. No initials or name. Just school and year. Jostens "Dura Tone" stamped on the inside. Jostens told me thats a blend of gold and silver during the depression era that allowed people to have the gold look but silver price. Not gold plated. Blended. I'll never let that one get melted while I'm alive and in possession of it. What happens to it after that? Maybe donated to the school? Explain to your wife its the personal thoughts of the individual and circumstance of loss of the coin.
LOL

Back
Top Bottom