What to do if your detector is broke?

Those anchors were not lost, they were deep sixed by a pissed off fisherman lol... Those things have never worked too good for me... On LSC, never!!

I will be in the water all next week!! It will be my first time detecting some old virgin inland waters..

<*)))>{

LOL, Ok Kevin. He is refering to another time I had a detector problem and we went into a lake that has a muck bottom. I was diving of course and moving my hands around in the muck. And just relaxing looking for old bottles. So what did I hit and bring up? A post civil war or a Spanish American war Springfield bayonet.

LOL, he was a little green with envy. It sometimes is fun not to have a detector in the way of finding interesting things.

I just started diving this year and haven't even given thought to diving without the detector. I will have to do that, it sounds like i may even enjoy diving more just for the dive. Great post Scuba. Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies.

Phil, I now have a backup detector. a CZ-20 with an 8" coil.

My hand is feeling better and I am actually going to try diving this week. MAYBE without a detector but I still need to get in the water. I still can't close my hand at all and I still have to wear a splint. GRRRRR

Maybe I can find a few bottles or an old tackle box or something interesting even if I can't swing my detector.

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of stuff in the inland lakes. Now where is my cannon or Thompson submachine gun?

THATS cool! but I don't think my wife would allow it in our family room,,,,,:laughing:things can happen, machine die, battery die, scoop handle break and so on, but that's making it the best the day can give,,,,GL HH

I'm happy that you found a way to enjoy your time even without the detector! I'm impressed that you were able to find calm where others might have wallowed in frustration.

Well done and well rewarded with good finds.
:yes:

My hand is feeling better and I am actually going to try diving this week. MAYBE without a detector but I still need to get in the water.

HA!! I called it!!

Great news!! So the doc said 6 weeks... If you are anything like me, I'll bet you'll be down there looking for fresh drops after 4th of July weekend..

Hope it feels better, sooner than expected...

<*)))>{

Glad to see your are running a little early!! Way to go!!

Go get em...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom