My Second UW Snorkel Hunt finds Silver!

Wildcat1750 (nyjrbethelct)

Forum Supporter
This is my first time posting in this category...

I Tested out my underwater detector for the second time today at the fresh water swimming hole. It is a hand held Vibra-Tector 730 that I use in shallow water. :surfin:On my first outing I had found a clad quarter, a clad dime, 4 Zincolns and a button.

This time I pulled in 4 clad quarters, 2 clad dimes, 2 Jefferson Nickels, 2 Zincolns, and a mechanical pencil tip. Best of all near the ropes I found myself a nice Vintage Silver Claddagh ring with a 925 marking in it! :D

Thanks for Looking!
Nick

Attachments

• IMGP0462.jpg
    IMGP0462.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMGP0463.jpg
    IMGP0463.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 355
How deep on average does your Vibra-Tector detect targets Wildcat?

Attachments

• Vibra-Tector.jpg
    Vibra-Tector.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 333
How deep on average does your Vibra-Tector detect targets Wildcat?
It's submersible to 30 ft. and seems to find targets to about 6 inches below sand. Not sure what the actual specs claim. 3 or 4 inches seems to be where I'm hitting the most. It's great because you can just sit in the shallows and people hardly know you're detecting. I have a plastic sand scoop on a lanyard that I keep in my other hand.
Well thats not good at all. On an underwater snorkel hunt you need to find snorkels not silver.

Better luck next time.
:lol: I did find a mask and some hairbands.
congrats on the silver! Just got a water detector myself looking forward to using it.hh
Good luck with it...I'm having big fun with mine!

Thanks, Cfmct. I was inspired to get this because I saw someone lose a gold medallion at my beach, near the ropes. I hope to find it for them.

Last edited:
Perfect detector for vacation water hinting at Florida beaches. Thanks for sharing your success.
Yes, I can see where it would fit real well in suitcase or day pack.
Cool ring man! Very vintage looking! Interesting detecting method too! Congrats!
Thanks. I've seen this style ring on the internet referred to as vintage but no further elaboration on the time period. :roll:

Last edited:
Wow, never seen that detector before.

I wonder if you could use that in the water at Disney? I only ask because I'm going in Aug! I read somewhere they don't allow detectors on the sand.

Wow, never seen that detector before.

I wonder if you could use that in the water at Disney? I only ask because I'm going in Aug! I read somewhere they don't allow detectors on the sand.
If you read it it's probably true. Disney seems like one of those super structured places that wouldn't allow such 'deviant' behavior as metal detecting. :roll:
Where is there sand...at Blizzard Beach?

Back
Top Bottom